Standard def video will look awful on the new iPad

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I was going to upgrade to the new iPad but when I looked at my main use cases for the current iPad 2 it includes a massive amount of video watching. These videos are mostly standard definition or streams from other sources all of which are in standard definition. This is due to my slow broadband speed where I live.

Taking this into consideration, the new iPad would show the same videos but I imagine they would look blocky and pixelated which would mean the upgrade would actually be a downgrade for me.

I also use Sling quite a lot and their track record of slow updates is another big turn off. Just something to keep in mind if you do use your iPad in a similar way too me.

Chris

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Good point, OP. That's why I never watch standard def TV on my high res flat screen. Nothing but jaggies.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they won't be optimal, that's for sure (if you watching them full-screen). But my standard-def DVDs look decent when blown up to 1080p via software upscaling so I have some hope that Apple has a solution built-in. I'm not going to get twisted over it until I actually see the new iPad with my own eyes.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure they won't be optimal, that's for sure (if you watching them full-screen). But my standard-def DVDs look decent when blown up to 1080p via software upscaling so I have some hope that Apple has a solution built-in. I'm not going to get twisted over it until I actually see the new iPad with my own eyes.

This.

I'm sure Apple has some built in software to handle SD needs.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
C'mon people. Apple has to have a translate routine or SD apps won't work properly. This has turned from a joke to a really silly bunch of concerns.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods