iPad tracking thread

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Still Ready for UPS for the iPad, but my Smart Cover is on the FedEx truck and should be soon delivered.

[Edit at 9:43am]: Just received the Smart Cover :D

Last edited:

HurricaneTracker

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my new iPad (white, wi-fi only, 32gb) on the 7th. As of today, it still says "Preparing for Shipment." Yikes! It promises delivery on the 16th, but I'm nervous. No tracking or shipment information to know where it is at. Gulp.

On the other hand, I received my new smart cover yesterday. So I have a cover with no iPad...

alexberry

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I've received the shipped notification for my iPad pre-order, to be delivered here in the UK on Fri 16-March. It has the UPS tracking number in it, but going onto the UPS website, the tracking number isn't recognized.

Is this to be expected?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
@alexberry, my order had the same situation. Wait a few hours, as UPS has to process it before it can be tracked.

alexberry

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
@alexberry, my order had the same situation. Wait a few hours, as UPS has to process it before it can be tracked.
Thanks Ed7789.

I received the shipment notification on Sunday (11th), and have checked the UPS website daily since (obsessed?)...

I'll try not to worry too much!

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've received the shipped notification for my iPad pre-order, to be delivered here in the UK on Fri 16-March. It has the UPS tracking number in it, but going onto the UPS website, the tracking number isn't recognized.

Is this to be expected?

I've noted before on other transactions that sometimes UPS's site lags reality. I suggest you wait a few hours and then try again.

jksman

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered the new iPad last friday and didn't get expect to get it until the 25th. However on Saturday I started seeing some action, and got a shipping number, and the iPad left China, then Alaska and has been grounded in Louisville since Monday. I'm in Canada, and am half doubtful that it will actually get to me before Friday. There hasn't been any activity in nearly 3 days, so I'm wondering if i should contact Apple or UPS to see if it will make it here. Or has anyone already looked into this issue?

SweetCare

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Your shipping info is exactly the same as mine! I've had packages from other sellers that have been shipped by ups with similar shipping issues. Has shown sitting in the same place for an extended period of time but have gotten the packages on time and all of the shipping info updated as soon as it showed delivery was made.

Thank you! I am so relieved to hear that, I ordered as soon as I could on the 7th (once I got to the bank and back home to order) in hopes to be one of the first to get it. I am beyond excited. With the lack of updates I was starting to think someone in Hong Kong took my iPad hahaha! I will relax today, but I'm sure Friday I'll be on edge until its in my hands safe and sound.

I didn't post earlier, its personalized 32gb white with Verizon.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine was schedule for Mar 19 ship date w/ delivery by Mar 22. Just received shipping notice - shipped today to be delivered by 3pm on Friday. Per tracking, it is in Middletown PA along with many others on this thread.:D

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine was schedule for Mar 19 ship date w/ delivery by Mar 22. Just received shipping notice - shipped today to be delivered by 3pm on Friday. Per tracking, it is in Middletown PA along with many others on this thread.:D

Rocket Girl, when did you order yours?

I ordered mine on the 9th, so I'm in the 2nd wave, scheduled for shipping and delivery on March 19th, and was kind of hoping to get it earlier, and that's what it looks like is happening with yours.

Which one did you order? I ordered a black 32gb, Verizon LTE model, not sure that it matters at this point with regard to availability...

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 9th, identical model to yours. I am in 2nd wave, Northeast US. I was hoping for bump-up in timing, but didn't ever really expect it. HUGE and welcome surprise...

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am getting concerned. Mine departed Anchorage on Sat and never landed anywhere. I tried to check with UPS and they kept responding with the same line "it will be delivered on Friday"

I'll wait but if it doesn't arrive, well guess there isn't anything I can do :mad:

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am getting concerned. Mine departed Anchorage on Sat and never landed anywhere. I tried to check with UPS and they kept responding with the same line "it will be delivered on Friday"

I'll wait but if it doesn't arrive, well guess there isn't anything I can do :mad:

I have the same situation,
Departed - Anchorage, AK, United States, Saturday, 03/10/2012

it left AK on Saturday and that was the last update. I ordered mine (white 64GB LTE Bell) on the 7th at 5pm EST and went to shipped on the 8th. Hopefully it changes tomorrow and ill receive it on Friday!! :)

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not uncommon. Mine left Shenzhen and then the next day left Hong Kong without ever showing arriving there. I see that all the time on UPS tracking.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I clicked my order number and it redirected to me to the Apple store, which happens to be down at the current time.. I went to apple.com, clicked on store... And the store is down.