iPad tracking thread

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine says "processing for shipment". On the 4S preorder, my wife's shipped 2 days before mine and came at the exact same time. Hers was help up at a UPS location for 2 days and mine caught up the day before delivery.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine shipped! I got my tracking number! Apparently it's in Middletown PA which is about an hour n a half from me! Maybe we will get it early?:)

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine hit Louisville, Kentucky earlier today! Going to be a really long work week waiting for launch day...

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I received from Apple recently. It was shipped on the night and it has made its way all the way to Louisville Kentucky. So do you think it'll take six days to get from Louisville Kentucky? Could I not drive to Louisville and ask them if I could pick up my package?

Louisville, KY, United States 03/10/2012 12:14 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 03/09/2012 2:26 P.M. Departure Scan
03/09/2012 11:54 A.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 03/09/2012 8:08 P.M. Departure Scan
03/09/2012 3:45 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/09/2012 11:55 A.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/08/2012 9:07 P.M. Origin Scan
China 03/09/2012 10:21 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Kevin

Mine must be in the same plane/truck/shipment because my tracking list has the exact same location and time stamps down to the minute LOL

SteveP

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just received my shipping notice a few minutes ago. Apparently it has been picked up in Middletown, PA. Estimated delivery date is the 16th but maybe it will show up early. Black 64GB AT&T.

Ken_FSU

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My iPad is currently in Nashville, Tennessee, with a ship date listed as 3/9. Estimated delivery is 3/16.

Here's a weird one though, and please let me know if any of you have had something similar happen.

I purchased the iPad on day one after much frustration. The transaction went through and was debited from my checking account successfully. I received a confirmation email from Apple, and have watched the iPad go from Processing, to Preparing for Shipment, to being Shipped.

This morning, I checked the balance in my checking account and something didn't seem right. My account balance seemed higher than it should be. Strangely, Bank of America is showing no record that the transaction ever took place. No trace of a purchase, or a refund. No email from Apple, and still showing as shipped.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Should I be worried?

Zlannie

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
My PB was too high to deal on Wed, so I waited to early morning Thur and sailed thru. Wells Fargo has it posted as 12Mar (rec'd my shipped notice this morning).

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
My iPad is currently in Nashville, Tennessee, with a ship date listed as 3/9. Estimated delivery is 3/16.

Here's a weird one though, and please let me know if any of you have had something similar happen.

I purchased the iPad on day one after much frustration. The transaction went through and was debited from my checking account successfully. I received a confirmation email from Apple, and have watched the iPad go from Processing, to Preparing for Shipment, to being Shipped.

This morning, I checked the balance in my checking account and something didn't seem right. My account balance seemed higher than it should be. Strangely, Bank of America is showing no record that the transaction ever took place. No trace of a purchase, or a refund. No email from Apple, and still showing as shipped.

Should I be worried?

Apple pings you account at checkout to make sure funds are available, but doesn't withdraw the fund till release day ....... sometimes later (I didn't get charged for my 4s till a week after receiving it).

No need to worry, standard apple practice.

kiwiruss

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Shipped

My tracking says picked up by FedEx in Middletown, PA but I figure they will hold it near where I am Till the 16th.

mikos

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Middletown PA

Mine is in Middletown PA like a lot of people on the east coast, with delivery on the 16th. I would assume that FedEx under threat of losing future business from Apple will not be delivering early. I guess the good news is that it's guaranteed by 3pm.

kiwiruss

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
You'll be billed on delivery

Should I be worried?

I believe the money gets moved when it's delivered. Although I could be wrong, I think I read that somewhere.

Ken_FSU

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Apple pings you account at checkout to make sure funds are available, but doesn't withdraw the fund till release day ....... sometimes later (I didn't get charged for my 4s till a week after receiving it).

No need to worry, standard apple practice.

Thank you so much for the info. I sincerely appreciate it. I was really worried that something had gone wrong with my shipment.

musicfor18

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Apple holds credit card payments and aggregates them every few days. This way, the are processing a higher total dollar amount and the rate their processing company charges is lower. If you've ever noticed that you don't get receipts for your iTunes purchases right away, and sometimes you get one that combines several purchases into one, that's why.

That said, Apple charged me immediately for my new iPad. Maybe their procedure is different if it's a credit card vs. debit card.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Debit cards work differently than credit cards.

When you use any credit or debit card, the first step is a pre-authorization step. This ensures the merchant that they can actually bill the card for this authorized amount.

The merchant can only capture the funds when they ship the product. This is the law.

For a credit card, this pre-authorization is good for 30 days. This decreases your available credit, since you have told the merchant you intend to purchase. If the merchant has not captured funds before the pre-auth expires, the available credit goes back up and the transaction is voided.

For a debit card, the bank reduces your balance for the pre-auth period. The period is shorter for a debit card, but the process works the same way. Three to five days after the pre-auth expires, the bank will return your funds to your account.

Only on shipping may the merchant actually capture the funds.

What happens when the merchant cannot ship before this pre-authorization expires is that they need to start over, charge the card again with both a pre-auth and capture step (combined into one transaction). In the case of a credit card, there am not be enough available credit and your purchase will fail, causing a delay in shipping. In the case of a debit card, if the merchant references the original transaction within 30 days of the pre-auth expiring, the charges will go thru regardless and if there are no funds in the account, you will be over drawn, with all the fees and penalties that go along with that.

rdlong47

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
Ordered on Wed about 5:00Pm. My email says shipped and gives a fed ex tracking number, but no info on the tracking number. Say delivery on the 16th. We'll see!!:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods