Were you able to pre-order your new iPad?

ShadezOfGray

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I tried for about an hour with no luck. I decided to take a nap and try later. Success! My order went through with no problem and confirmation email has arrived. The long wait til the 16th begins.

Ordered Blk 64gb Wifi

Last edited:

jhoove09#IM

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I got mine preordered. Do I have to sign for it or will it be left at my door while I work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine ordered 16GB black wifi only. I plan on using the hotspot feature on my iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
got mine ordered, 64gb, black, ATT 4G LTE. I would say probbably about an hour or so after apple got the new iPad page up, I think I hit refresh 1 thousand times on both firefox, ie, and my ipad 2

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine today around 1:30 pm PST. Took about 10-15 minutes to get through the whole thing. The pages refreshed so many times, all of a sudden I had like 6 iPads and 5 smartcovers in my cart!

Got a black 32gb wifi. Thought about the 4G, but figured I could save the money on both the device and data plan and just use the mobile hotspot from my BlackBerry.

gadfly

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Took me about an hour, just kept trying on my MBP and my iPad 2, finally succeeded via the apple store app on my iPad. About an hour after that, I noticed it was smooth sailing. I wonder whether they sold as many as they thought they would.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It took me about 20 minutes from my iPad. 64gb 4G white. I'm really excited. I skipped the iPad2 so it's a major increase in speed for me. I find that I am crashing all the time and I figure it's probably from such limited memory.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
switched my order from 64GB Wifi to 64GB 4G ATT... although now i'm wondering if the 4G will be worth it... stupid apple... too many choices ;)

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I got mine preordered. Do I have to sign for it or will it be left at my door while I work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The site and the email both said that your sig MAY be required but no reason given why this may be invoked.

In my area, the carriers leave my stuff w/o a sig even if it's sig required. I guess they trust me not to lie and say I never got the stuff. I hope that holds for the iPad 3 I just ordered. I'd be pretty grumpy if I had to sign the slip and then wait until Monday.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
switched my order from 64GB Wifi to 64GB 4G ATT... although now i'm wondering if the 4G will be worth it... stupid apple... too many choices ;)

Guess we're following the same path almost. I switched to Verizon LTE 64gb black. I'm not on a tethering plan right now but wish to keep my 25 a month plan. I think Verizon offers a 1gb for 20 a month according to Apple. If it's only 10/gb to go over, i'll just use that and includes tethering or hotspot.

But i cancelled the ATV order. I was watching my atv2 last night and just don't feel the new one is a worthwhile upgrade yet.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
This is straight from the Apple ipad preorder page. But i'm not seeing the 20 dollar plan on verizon's site for the ipad. Might be some confusion here..

Verizon
1GB per month2 $20.00 View the Verizon Wireless coverage map
2GB per month2 $30.00
5GB per month2 $50.00

Includes Wi-Fi browsing; refer to carrier website for terms and conditions.

Edit: This is from theVerge.com AT&T and Verizon keep data plan pricing the same for the new iPad (update) | The Verge

Update: Since last night, Apple.com has been updated to reflect the mistake ? $30 will in fact get you 3GB, not 2GB as the site previously stated (see the image below). However, along with that change, Verizon's data plans have also changed. There's now a 1GB plan for $20 (same as the carrier offered when the iPad 2 launched last year), plus the 2GB and 5GB plans for $30 and $50, respectively. Strangely enough, Verizon's own webpage does not show a 1GB plan for $20 for any of its tablets, and we've heard from some readers that the 1GB plan has stuck around even though it doesn't appear on Verizon's website. We have reached out to Verizon to try and get the official word on what data plans will be available for the new iPad and will update here as soon as we hear anything.

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Guess we're following the same path almost. I switched to Verizon LTE 64gb black. I'm not on a tethering plan right now but wish to keep my 25 a month plan. I think Verizon offers a 1gb for 20 a month according to Apple. If it's only 10/gb to go over, i'll just use that and includes tethering or hotspot.

But i cancelled the ATV order. I was watching my atv2 last night and just don't feel the new one is a worthwhile upgrade yet.

ha... i have an Apple TV ordered, but canceled as well... upgrade my ATV2 last night, and figured that gets me 90% there... save a $100 and cancel the ATV...

but now i'm thinking hard of cancelling my 64 4G and just doing 64 Wifi... my iphone has tethering plan, and my area isn't LTE - and likely won't be for at least a year if not more...

my order history is making me look like a skizo... :D

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i'm sick individual... here's my order history... so far.... ;)

64 wifi + apple tv > 64 4g + apple tv > 64 wifi > 64 4G > 64 wifi > 64 4G > 32 4G > 64 wifi

Last edited:

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, pre-ordered the VZW LTE white version, 32GB to replace my iPad 1 yesterday.
Still says I should have it at home by the 16th.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't pre order as I usually pick mine up from Best Buy and throw it on the card intrest free. I had just picked up an iPad 2 and was thinking I would just go back once they dropped the price and let them give me the difference back. That was great in theory until I watched the keynote, took my iPad 2 back today and they tried and tried to get me to keep it, to the point of being rude. They ended up taking it back anyway and I will try to grab the new iPad on launch day.:D

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup! Took forever and the site kept crashing! My boyfriend was loading the page every 5 seconds! I'm sure everyone else was too haha I got the 32gb black wifi

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Just placed my pre-order for 64GB/AT&T LTE to replace my 64GB/AT&T. The process was easy confirmation indicated a 16th delivery because I chose the engraving and weirdly longer if you decline engraving. I wasn't going to do it but reyina/LTE really pushed me over.

Last edited: