Wifi or LTE iPad 3? Which would you buy?

Will you buy a Wifi or LTE iPad 3?

• Wifi

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • LTE

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When March 7th comes and if the iPad 3 does actually have LTE, which model will you be buying?

Wifi or LTE?

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Wifi. I'll just add tethering to my phone plan if I feel I need to use my iPad somewhere else other than my home or office. Plus it gives me the freedom to downgrade my data plan if needed.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wifi. I'll just add tethering to my phone plan if I feel I need to use my iPad somewhere else other than my home or office. Plus it gives me the freedom to downgrade my data plan if needed.

I tried tething with my wifi iPad 2. It was decent but LTE has me very interested.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I would have to go wifi only as I have a wifi + 3G iPad 2 and I don't use the 3G really at all.

Plus, there is no LTE in my area. I would be happy for HSPA+ but we don't even have that!

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
LTE or 3G, as long as it had either one I am going that route. I never thought I would have needed 3G in my iPad but once I had it in my first generation, I found it extremely useful. Many airports I travel through the wifi is so terrible that the 3G is faster and more reliable. That alone is worth it for me.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I won't be buying it right away but when I do it will be the Wi-Fi version.

I considering dumping my pc and if so I may have to consider an MacBook Air.

Good Luck

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the options and I thing I am just going to add the hotspot to my phone plan. One it's cheaper for me ($20 compared to $30). Also cheaper in buy in. Also I can use up to 5 devices on my phone hotspot and not on the iPad. From what I have heard LTE is coming to the next iPhone so I still will have LTE once I upgrade my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Plus that way when I give my girlfriend my iPad 1 she can use it with me on the go. Anyways she has taken over my iPad anyways so I have to get the new iPad at least that's my excuse to get a new one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm an all WIFI guy. I'd rather have LTE on my iPhone rather than my iPad.

Like someone else said, if ever I find myself needing a connection outside of my home, I'll just pay for a tethering plan.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
WiFi here. I use my iPad 2 little when outside due to the screen being tough to see for reading. If I'm inside, it seems I'm always in a place where WiFi is available. The very few times I would like to be connected and am out of reach of WiFi are so rare that I have no interest in paying the extra for the hw or the monthly sub.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I was recently able to use LTE on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone and WOW, was that ever fast. It's way faster than Wifi. We've got a 3G iPad (and a Wifi iPad too). We don't plan on an iPad3 but if I got one the LTE option would be very tempting indeed. For a frequent traveller using it in hotels (I recent stay at a Tucson resort they wanted $12/day for Wifi...pimps) and airports the LTE option would be tempting. I think it's only $20/month for a Verizon data connection right?

Last edited:

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If the iPad 3 has 4G LTE I'm definitely returning my ipad 2 and getting the 3. I'm still within the 14 day return policy.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
All wifi all the time, I have yet to come to a place where I want to use my iPad and have no wifi. I don't need to waste an extra $130 when I'll hardly use it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
WiFi-only. My iPhone is always with me and when I'm away from home, I can easily do on it the things I normally do with my iPad. Besides, I don't want to carry my iPad everywhere I go so it doesn't makes sense for 'me' to get a 3G version. A WiFi-only version suits my needs just fine.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW