I'd be willing to bet a million bucks if I had it that the ipad 3 WILL NOT get a retina display. Why you ask?
    Because it would make no sense for the following reasons:

1. Too many pixels for 3d games to push.

2. 4 times more pixels would require a whole lot more power hungry processor which would translate into lower battery life and apple would not go for that.

3. A nice 1080p screen will be just good enough for iPad 3 and current iPad apps (before they get updated) would simply have a half an inch border around them.

4. The iphone 4 NEEDED a quad resolution display since having a border on an already tiny screen would have been overkill. So Apple had no choice but to go with four pixels to properly display one. The iPad 3 on the other hand, can handle a nice border for current apps just fine.

5. A glasses-free 3d screen would be way more impressive than that many extra pixels no one will ever notice.

6. Xbox 360 has a hard time running many games at 1080p, so how on earth will little ipad 3 run apps at 1536p with less power and keep the notorious 10 hour usage?

7. Watching movies/videos on the iPad 3 (with a retina display) would ALWAYS look blurry since even a 1080p movie would have to be stretched to fill the entire screen.

8. Apple is not stupid. They only do things if it makes sense, and a iPad sporting a 2058 x 1536 resolution screen doesn't make sense. It makes no sense for games, videos, movies and performance. All the four things matter to apple a whole lot. Especially performance in the battery department!

Remember who you heard it from first-

Within 8 days, you will all find out that I was right all along
    Last edited by helmania; 02-28-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Keyah Sanchez likes this.
    02-28-2012 09:34 PM
    Yea, we'll get the detail within just a few days later.
    02-28-2012 10:33 PM
    I'd be willing to bet a million bucks if I had it that the ipad 3 WILL NOT get a retina display. Why you ask?

2. 4 times more pixels would require a whole lot more power hungry processor which would translate into lower battery life and apple would not go for that.

3. A nice 1080p screen will be just good enough for iPad 3 and current iPad apps (before they get updated) would simply have a half an inch border around them.

4. The iphone 4 NEEDED a quad resolution display since having a border on an already tiny screen would have been overkill. So Apple had no choice but to go with four pixels to properly display one. The iPad 3 on the other hand, can handle a nice border for current apps just fine.

5. A glasses-free 3d screen would be way more impressive than that many extra pixels no one will ever notice.

6. Xbox 360 has a hard time running many games at 1080p, so how on earth will little ipad 3 run apps at 1536p with less power and keep the notorious 10 hour usage?

7. Watching movies/videos on the iPad 3 (with a retina display) would ALWAYS look blurry since even a 1080p movie would have to be stretched to fill the entire screen.

8. Apple is not stupid. They only do things if it makes sense, and a iPad sporting a 2058 x 1536 resolution screen doesn't make sense. It makes no sense for games, videos, movies and performance. All the four things matter to apple a whole lot. Especially performance in the battery department!

LOL
    Last edited by redbeard; 02-29-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    02-29-2012 12:13 AM
    Um, I'll DEFINITELY take that bet.
    02-29-2012 12:19 AM
    Yep, I'll take that bet!

If I can make one quick argument... The 360 runs games in 720p and upscales them to 1080p........ Okay, I'm done.
    02-29-2012 12:55 AM
    If they don't call it retina, maybe they call it HD but that screen still looks sharp. It will not be the same screen as previous.
    Keyah Sanchez likes this.
    02-29-2012 01:11 AM
    If they don't call it retina, maybe they call it HD but that screen still looks sharp. It will not be the same screen as previous.
    Yes it will have a better screen. Just not 4 times the current one. Most likely a 1080p screen. That would fit perfectly!

02-29-2012 01:19 AM
    X box 360 is a gutless piece of crap with old hardware that why it struggles
    02-29-2012 01:33 AM
    X box 360 is a gutless piece of crap with old hardware that why it struggles
    +1000000000000000

can't wait for the next xbox...
    02-29-2012 02:00 AM

I'm not sure if you are joking or not but you're 100% not correct.
    Apple_Fangirl06 likes this.
    02-29-2012 09:41 AM
    I smell a stinky troll.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-29-2012 02:25 PM
    I don't care as long as it has a LED for missed notifications...
    redbeard likes this.
    02-29-2012 04:43 PM
    Removable battery!!!
    02-29-2012 05:14 PM
    Where is my million bucks it does have a retina screen it's time to PAY
    03-07-2012 04:49 PM
    Time to eat crow.
    03-08-2012 01:23 AM
    Guess you blew that........$1,000,000 please.
    03-08-2012 08:23 AM
    Break open that trust fund, you owe some people some money!

*patiently awaits check*
    03-08-2012 08:45 AM

Bzzzzz. Wrong. But thanks for playing.

I will forgo my claim to your $1M prize as long as you promise to use it for math tutoring. (2058? It's 2048 x 1536, as 2 times 1024 is 2048).

BTW, the OP is gone, and doubtful he will be back...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 03-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    03-08-2012 08:59 AM

Is it too late to get in on this bet? lol
    03-08-2012 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD