I've been listening all day...seems to be pretty much set in stone now (minus an absolute thumbs up from Apple)

Apple chooses Pegatron to make iPad 3, March shipments
    01-10-2012 02:24 PM
    Nice. Might be time to pick up an iPad to complete my conversion to the dark side, lol.
    sector107 likes this.
    01-12-2012 03:20 PM
    would it be worth the wait for iPad 3, or would the iPad 2 be good? I'm thinking iPad 3 better retina display, i think any kind of upgrades are worth it, but what do I know, Im a noob when it comes to electronics, haha
    01-19-2012 12:36 AM
    would it be worth the wait for iPad 3, or would the iPad 2 be good? I'm thinking iPad 3 better retina display, i think any kind of upgrades are worth it, but what do I know, Im a noob when it comes to electronics, haha
    While I love my iPad2, I would recommend waiting for the iPad3 with the retina screen. Not much longer to wait and that one feature alone will make a huge difference.
    sector107 likes this.
    01-19-2012 03:36 AM
    Def wait for the 3. They're releasing another iPad later this year when the iPhone 5 comes out which might actually be the iPad 3 the one comin in march might possibly be an iPad 2s as the 4s was to be the 5 .im almost positive that's what's gonna happen
    sector107 likes this.
    01-19-2012 07:00 AM
    Def wait for the 3. They're releasing another iPad later this year when the iPhone 5 comes out which might actually be the iPad 3 the one comin in march might possibly be an iPad 2s as the 4s was to be the 5 .im almost positive that's what's gonna happen
    The problem with this is that you state this as fact when this news is still rumor. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket betting on 2 iPads this year as it was rumored last year, that there would be 2 iPads when in fact there wasn't.

I'm not trying to troll, however it's not cool to give unverified info unless stated otherwise. Especially when sector107 claims to be a noob to tech.

I do agree with you that ppl should wait for the iPad 3. If someone can't wait, the iPad 2 is still an awesome device. The best tablet by far!

My backpacks got jets....
    Last edited by jakeless.123; 01-19-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    sector107 likes this.
    01-19-2012 08:12 AM

Traditionally, we used to wait until a product has been announced, then we'd talk about it- but people are just blogging from their imaginations at this point. That's why I don't trust news sources anymore.

What has Apple said about an iPad 3? .................. So why do we have 1 million stories about it?

Unless Apple says something, it doesn't exist.

I can't wait to see the look on their faces when March comes around and reality sets in. It was so funny when it happened with the iPhone 5 so we need more news about your fictional device! .
    opeycunningham and sector107 like this.
    01-19-2012 12:17 PM
    While I love my iPad2, I would recommend waiting for the iPad3 with the retina screen. Not much longer to wait and that one feature alone will make a huge difference.
    yeah I find new features are usually worth the wait. There is one thing I hate about electronics is that they are always upgrading and you can never get the best one cause a better one is out the next 6 months, haha but the screen is very important. you said it best, that alone is and should be worth the wait.
    01-19-2012 08:37 PM
    The problem with this is that you state this as fact when this news is still rumor. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket betting on 2 iPads this year as it was rumored last year, that there would be 2 iPads when in fact there wasn't.

I'm not trying to troll, however it's not cool to give unverified info unless stated otherwise. Especially when sector107 claims to be a noob to tech.

I do agree with you that ppl should wait for the iPad 3. If someone can't wait, the iPad 2 is still an awesome device. The best tablet by far!

My backpacks got jets....
    ok, i guess my next question would be, what new feature does this new iPad have? cause at this point it doesnt matter if it's iPad2s or iPad3. Is retina gonna be a feature? that to me is the selling point, and maybe siri, but if it has neither what's the point right? It would still be and iPad2.
    01-19-2012 10:15 PM
    It's funny because evidence has led me to believe that there will be no new iPad- I mean, they just released iBooks 2 and iTunes U and demonstrated it on the iPad 2. If a 3 was coming, they would have waited for that.

Obviously, Apple doesn't read tech sites. And if I don't get my two HD iPad 3GS's (one 10 inch and mini 7 inch) with my retina display, LTE, sharper screen, 1080p cam, non IPS display, new dock connector, 3d , and Siri at a price of $299.

I will stop reading the tech blogs altogether.
    sector107 likes this.
    01-19-2012 10:22 PM
    It's funny because evidence has led me to believe that there will be no new iPad- I mean, they just released iBooks 2 and iTunes U and demonstrated it on the iPad 2. If a 3 was coming, they would have waited for that.

Obviously, Apple doesn't read tech sites. And if I don't get my two HD iPad 3GS's (one 10 inch and mini 7 inch) with my retina display, LTE, sharper screen, 1080p cam, non IPS display, new dock connector, 3d , and Siri at a price of $299.

I will stop reading the tech blogs altogether.
    It's a good thing I'm a patient person. I guess It's true when they say it's not real until the company releases the info. Whatever they are doing I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Like I stated before, if it doesn't have the retina what's the point. Who knows right? LP could come up with something better just for Apple. Haha.
    Last edited by sector107; 01-20-2012 at 08:02 AM.
    01-20-2012 07:59 AM
    To be fair...this is still an "unconfirmed" reality, but I'm not typically one to post stories about release dates on products (just like last year and the new iPhone), in fact...im usually one to laugh and scoff at such.

This time it seems fairly different though, unlike last year and the whole iPhone fiasco from the early part of the year to the actual release (and the million of different "release dates" in between), this March 2012 date seems to be fairly substantiated with several key indicators that never showed face until right before last years 4S announcement/release.

Apple seems to be switching over to a more instant gratification type marketing schedule now...announce one week, release a week or two later.

Again, i understand there are no defined release dates at all, but there's also A LOT more information and relevant information for this March date than there was for any of the fake iPhone stuff last year.
    01-21-2012 12:14 PM
    ok, i guess my next question would be, what new feature does this new iPad have? cause at this point it doesnt matter if it's iPad2s or iPad3. Is retina gonna be a feature? that to me is the selling point, and maybe siri, but if it has neither what's the point right? It would still be and iPad2.
    Nobody really knows. It's all rumor and speculation.
    Ideally they would probably try to incorporate the retina display. But again, nobody knows.

Sent from my untethered communication iDevice via Tapatalk
    opeycunningham likes this.
    01-21-2012 10:49 PM
    I loved this story
    01-22-2012 11:00 AM
    Until it's an "official" press release statement, we can only wish...

I wish they would put the 4S cameras in the iPad 3 or 2S (whatever it's called).
    01-26-2012 11:17 AM
    ned some improvement in that........
    Last edited by jayabaluan; 02-18-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    01-27-2012 10:51 PM
    I hope so....
    01-28-2012 12:11 PM
    im waiting ipad 3 <3
    01-28-2012 09:27 PM
    IPad 3 coming in March I guarantee it.
    stlcheer likes this.
    01-30-2012 10:17 PM
    need some changes in ipad3..........
    Last edited by jayabaluan; 02-18-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    01-31-2012 09:49 AM
    sorry to say not in march
    02-03-2012 04:07 PM
    i heard they will announcement is on the late steve jobs birthday
    Last edited by createful; 02-16-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    02-16-2012 09:01 AM
    launch on the 7th march.... i hope this is the case, as i cant wait to see what the iPad 3 has to offer
    02-16-2012 09:01 AM
    i heard they will announce is on the late steve jobs birthday
    This was only a rumor. Not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    02-16-2012 09:17 AM
    launch on the 7th march.... i hope this is the case, as i cant wait to see what the iPad 3 has to offer
    It will not be released on this day. Only the announcement of the iPad 3 might take place on this date.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    02-16-2012 09:20 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD