A question to iPad users with iPhones

MyJoosBox

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I am currently a owner of a iPhone 4S which i absolutely love. I use iCloud to all its potential on both my iPhone and Macbook Pro. However i am considering purchasing an iPad (2 or 3) to my add to my collection of devices. So iPhone and iPad users, what instances do you use your iPad over your iPhone, or vice versa. Do you think there are benefits from owning both devices? What are some of your opinions?

Thanks!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My husband decided that he was getting me an iPad last Christmas, and I didn't feel I needed one because I had the iPhone 4. Needless to say, he bought it anyway and I find that I use it a lot more than I thought I would. My iPhone is my daily driver but I use my iPad more for all things media. I also notice that my daughter now grabs it first when she's here instead of her iPhone or the pc. It's the perfect size for lounging around! :)

Nicky1983

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same predicament. I have a 4s and wanted a iPad. I use my iPad more than I thought I would and I love it. Love that I can switch in between both of them. And it was well worth the purchase don't regret getting it and wish I would've got it sooner

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here I use my iPad around the house sometimes going over to family or friends and my 4s is what I use on the go everyday .. It kinda make a laptop never get used lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I reach for mine over my 4S every chance I get. The phone is for pictures/videos, phone calls, and texts. On the iPad I do everything else if I'm able to - iMessages, photo editing, emails, games,finances, message board browsing...

I was always the person who thought they didn't need an iPad and laugh at the ridiculous people with an iPhone and iPad. Once I saw everything a co-worker could do with it at work, I took the plunge. It is my constant sidekick at work now.

I still don't think I need it, but it's made my life a lot easier, and work a lot more productive, as a result! Never want to go without again. They each serve their own purpose, and do it quite well. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use my iPad over my iPhone (and MacBook Pro) whenever possible. iMessage, FaceTime, surfing the web, etc, are just more enjoyable on the iPad. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is amazing, and I love it. But I love my iPad. I take it with me everywhere, and rarely use the MacBook now.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I prefer using my iPad over my iPhone 4 for most things, especially at home or work. So much so that I've strongly considered carrying a different phone altogether. (But I doubt I'll go through with it.)

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I use my iPad for reading ebooks, playing games, and watching Netflix as opposed to using my iPhone, especially when @ work.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the iPad is used more for lounging in my family, reading ebooks, playing games, and watching Netflix, seems my nephew like to play the mind games on it very much too ;)

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Really nice for video, especially movies. It's also nice to have if you have a desktop computer, as for me it acts as my $500 laptop, instead of a $1000+ Macbook Air. But for you, it also has it's own unique apps, it's nice for gaming, watching YT, checking email, browsing, etc

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Once you get an iPad, you will realize its better for certain things like watching movies (netflix), reading websites, etc. You'll begin to use the iPhone less. Plus, a lot of apps are just better on the iPad due to the larger screen. :cool:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Between my iPhone 4S, MacBook Pro, my iPad 2 filled that middle ground. For times when I didnt want to take out the laptop but needed the larger screen the iPad was perfect. When out and about my iPhone 4S is always usually my go to device. I was heistant to buy into an iPad at initial lauch but shortly after was glad I did.

lockerc18

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So. the iPad is good for things you can't really do well on a phone, like web browsing, reading ebooks, watching movies, and all those other things you use a PC or Mac for because they're better if you have more screen real estate. And you use the iPhone as a... well... a phone.

Makes sense.

I've never been happy (I could stop right there!) with the web experience on a smartphone, whether it's Android, iPhone, or Blackberry. I am waiting for the iPhone 5 (FIVE FIVE FIVE!) to finally get here, and I'm getting one the nanosecond it's available. But my significant other got an iPad2 from Santa, and she won't put it down. It's like her third arm. I never thought I'd need one, either, but wow, I have to say, it is really a SUPER device. If I could ever pry it away from her (fat chance) I'd use it for all the screen-intensive things I mentioned before. And use my phone as a communications device.

I wonder if Apple will evolve the iPhone to a simpler technology platform for just communications, and let the iPad do the heavy lifting for graphics and web stuff.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I use mine for reading ebooks, watching Netflix and overall web browsing. I find that I hardly use my laptop anymore. I also use it for playing games. I use my iPhone for taking pics, music, calls and texts and gps navigation!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77