IPad 3 will be LTE capable:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Qualcomm has just issued a press release announcing the commercial availability of their Gobi 4000 chips for 4G LTE and HSPA+ capable devices, a variant of which could very well ship in a next-generation LTE-capable iPad. In August we discovered Apple had possibly begun field testing a next-gen LTE iPads*with LTE code floating around the iOS builds, and it?s likely Apple would go with Qualcomm?s chip, as almost every 3G iOS device since the Verizon iPhone has used their Gobi platform, the exception being the the AT&T iPad which uses an older Infineon chip.

Qualcomm’s 4G LTE Gobi 4000 chips shipping to OEMs, likely to land in next-gen iPad | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. I would think Apple would want to first release LTE with the iPhone 5.... Hopefully they'll announce the iPad 3 come January.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
With 2 LTE Android tablets already out, I doubt Apple is going to wait another year and a half to produce a LTE tablet of their own. I also don't think Apple is worried about having the LTE iPhone come out first. Don't forget, Apple didn't wait for the iPhone 4S to come out with the A5 chip before the iPad 2. I think both devices are separate and it doesn't really matter which one comes out with LTE first. We'll see, though....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple needs to get its feet wet with LTE one way or another... no better way than the next iPad before the iPhone 5 comes out sometime next year :D

ReignMan

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
hm i ask myself if its better then ICS (android 4.0) and will support some kind of stylus to write. i think thats an important feature.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I doubt it. I would think Apple would want to first release LTE with the iPhone 5.... Hopefully they'll announce the iPad 3 come January.

I don't think so.

First with A4 - iPad.

First with Dual-Core A5 - iPad.

First on Verizon - iPad.

They seem to move forward each year on the iPad in terms of chipsets and then bring it to the iPhone afterwards. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the iPad 3 has LTE.

ReignMan

"Better" is up to your own interpretation.

Real stylus use will never come to iOS. Ever. So if you've got your fingers crossed for that you might as well un-cross them now.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
hm i ask myself if its better then ICS (android 4.0) and will support some kind of stylus to write. i think thats an important feature.

Don't hold your breath for that stylus. Apple changed the world with multitouch. They aren't gonna backtrack now.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Um... Get a touchscreen stylus and use penultimate or bamboo paper or other preferred writing app? Only noobs don't know handwriting has been out since forever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen