Retina Display for iPad 3...maybe...

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Well it would be more difficult to achieve a retina display on the ipad than an ipod touch or iphone because the screen is obviously way bigger. but i think they could do it.. and that would be awesome

GeFo.GT

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think that's not easy, you guys consider that if 2048*1536 for screen solution, even that a lot of personal developers have not such a good monitor for design, app is the most importance thing to apple perform, that makes difficult to produce new app.:cool:

BlacKite

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I think that's not easy, you guys consider that if 2048*1536 for screen solution, even that a lot of personal developers have not such a good monitor for design, app is the most importance thing to apple perform, that makes difficult to produce new app.:cool:

That's fixable: put retina displays in the MacBooks/iMacs:
MacBook Air 11: 2732x1536
MacBook Air/Pro 13: 2880x1800
MacBook Pro 15: 3360x2100
Macbook Pro 17: 3840x2400
iMac 21.5: 3840x2160
iMac 27/Thunderbolt Display: 5120x2880

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
LG's CEO supposedly had a "slip of the tongue"...

Retina Display coming to Apple's next iPad according to LG Display CEO

...of course, when he said "iPad", he may have meant "iPod", as in the latest iPod touch.

We'll see what happens...but if iPad 3 has a retina display (likely 2048 x 1536), I'm definitely getting one! :cool:

There are a lot of rumours that they are trying to make retina display for the iPad 3, it would be awesome if they did. It's kind of the next needed "big" upgrade on the iPad. I would almost consider upgrading again if they did bring out the retina display. :)

sector107

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
what are the odds of the new iPad having retina? 10 being absolute and 1 being not probable.

I've come to realize that it doesn't even matter, what ever it is, it's going to change that future.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
what are the odds of the new iPad having retina? 10 being absolute and 1 being not probable.

I've come to realize that it doesn't even matter, what ever it is, it's going to change that future.

Changing the future is a bit much. The first iPad, yes but now I wouldn't expect anything mind blowing. No different with the iPhones after the original. The first changed the mobile industry. The others have not but you can't expect them to. Also 100% the new one has a retina display.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Ouch, the size of the apps will increase a lot!
And the work of designers!

So? Progress only comes with work, should Apple stop innovating so that devs can be lazy?

I hope the iPhone 5 has a larger retina screen as well so that devs are forced to update all their apps since there are a lot of crappy apps out there, it would show who cares about their work and separate the junk from the good stuff as far as I'm concerned. There are still app icons that are low resolution still!

gr3ymoon

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow, Retina Display for Ipad... This is going to be EPIC if they do it successfully. Definitely will need a high end processor for that.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Wow, Retina Display for Ipad... This is going to be EPIC if they do it successfully. Definitely will need a high end processor for that.

An updated CPU is a given here.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner