I don't think I will ever buy a iPad. Having an iPod or iPhone is more than enough for me.
    Though i was on the verge of buying one when i was without both of those.
    Higher screen res. If i understand correctly putting retina display on the iPad gives it some funky resolution. Maybe i read the article wrong, either way, higher res.
    Better camera, oh man those were awful. Stood around and played with at least 3 different ones in best buy and using the front facing camera i could see that my ears were pixelated. The back camera left everything really grainy looking on not very clear. Although the video recording came out okay.

Thats all i want to see in the iPad 3. I guess some larger/faster internals wouldn't be bad either.
    08-02-2011 10:44 AM
    retina display and faster cpu and better camera.
    08-03-2011 04:12 AM
    I really dont understand the camera being important. The front one for FaceTime I get but the other to me is pointless. It's to big to walk around and take pics or video. That's what your phone or camera is for.
    08-03-2011 08:26 AM
    I'll probably ditch my first gen iPad if the 3/Pro has a Retina Display.
    08-03-2011 10:17 AM
    Better display + upgraded processor (w/more memory).

Just getting a better display, without upgrading the processor is about useless, because the overall performance hit of driving all those pixels from app to screen would bring the iPad to a crawl.

I really do think though that if there is a new iPad released this year, it would likely be a new form factor as opposed to a refresh/upgrade of the current iPad2.

As much as Steve said 'No" to the 7" form factor, it makes sense in a number of ways. That's what I think we'll see. Unless there's an agreement to come out with a 4G version of the iPad2 for the carriers, which would make sense for a release in the middle of the current iPad release cycle.

Anyway, I'm an every other cycle buyer, so I'm planning to go from my current iPad (original) to whatever the next iteration of the product line is. I think the iPad2 was a significant update, and I don't think the next version will be as revolutionary as opposed to evolutionary for the product line.
    08-03-2011 11:56 AM
    I really dont understand the camera being important. The front one for FaceTime I get but the other to me is pointless. It's to big to walk around and take pics or video. That's what your phone or camera is for.
    Things happen in a flash. You don't always have time to bust out your phone/camera, if they are going to include one might as well make it half decent so i can snap it if need be.
    08-03-2011 05:23 PM
    It would definitely be the cameras for me. The display is great for me now on my two. But I also don't have the iPhone 4 to compare it too. But cameras would be definitely appreciated!

Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    Free time apple enthusiast
    08-29-2011 03:47 AM
    Screen, proc, ram, cameras...
    09-27-2011 12:15 AM
    If my iPad broke...
    09-27-2011 01:44 PM
    I had upgraded to the iPhone 3GS just a few months before the iPhone 4 came out, and couldn't force myself to "need" the iPhone 4. The price tag was also a helpful decision-maker. Then the iPad came out and almost before the ink was dry on the news advertising, the talk of the ipad2 with forward and rear camera, etc started flying. As it happens, I recently purchased my ipad2 and lo and behold the iPad 3 is coming out as well as the iPhone 5! If history is any indication, as soon as I purchase the ipad3, the ipad4 will hit the rumor mill!
    So back to the original question, what would make me upgrade to the ipad3? Lottery winnings, early model trade-ins like they do with cars, or if one fell off a truck, :o
    09-27-2011 09:16 PM
    I bought my mom the iPad 1......for the past two years I have sat and waited......hopefully it will be out in October.......I can't wait!!!!
    09-27-2011 09:42 PM
    i am dying to get one iPad 3 as i listen about the iPad 3 is coming next year. I had plans to purchase iPad 2 but postponed it and now will purchase iPad 3 when it will be released.
    09-28-2011 08:29 AM
    camera!
    10-03-2011 07:15 PM
    I guess the only thing I really would like on the next iPad is a higher resolution. One with a pixel density similar to that of the 'Retina' display. My iPad 2 really has/does everything I need it to. Really solid device and will be hard to top.
    10-06-2011 02:16 PM
    I don't own an iPad yet but I want to. But I'm holding off for an iPad retina display. Hopefully an hd front facing camera. To do hd FaceTime. (I'm sure the iPhone 5 will get this next year). The upgraded specs will just be a plus since I've never owned an iPad.
    10-06-2011 03:22 PM
    I can't really say there's one defining feature that will make me buy it. I'm contemplating getting one to take some of the use that my dying laptop is serving right now, so if I get my hands on the 3 and it's really appealing I may just finally go for it. It would be my first iPad and I know I'd like to own one at some point, just not really sure when that is.
    10-06-2011 03:30 PM
    the only reason I would buy an iPad 3 is if it puts me to bed and gives me breakfeast in the morning; no but in all seriousness if it over shadows all other tablets, stepping out of the current conformt zone Apple has officially stuck it in. Example would be no Usb, SD or any other ports. Than I would more than likely invest my hard earned cash to buy one.
    10-06-2011 05:39 PM
    Hopefully SIRI will be on the iPad 3.
    10-06-2011 06:56 PM
    the only reason I would buy an iPad 3 is if it puts me to bed and gives me breakfeast in the morning; no but in all seriousness if it over shadows all other tablets, stepping out of the current conformt zone Apple has officially stuck it in. Example would be no Usb, SD or any other ports. Than I would more than likely invest my hard earned cash to buy one.
    I already overshadows every other tablet on the market; no other tablet has the kind of market share that the iPad does.

That's of course mostly because of iOS and iPad-specific apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-06-2011 08:57 PM
    SIRI will most definitely be on the iPad 3. The iPad 3 will have enough ram and the quad-core A6 so id be absolutely shocked if it didn't receive SIRI. if we learned from past history then apple will double everything in the next iPad and more.
    10-07-2011 02:36 AM
    I've got the 1, but I am holding out till we get a retina display (or similar.) I am jaded having an iPhone 4. Batter cameras as well, especially for the front facing FaceTime camera.
    10-08-2011 02:33 AM
    I'd probably buy the ipad 3 cuz I don't have any ipad so far xD.
    And I'm probably ain't going to have the ipad 3 since im short in money
    10-09-2011 10:50 AM
    I'll speculate more on what I'll buy when it comes out, though I'm sure I'll find a reason to need one. I think most of us will do that.
    10-09-2011 06:29 PM
    +1 Would be sweet.
    10-09-2011 09:28 PM
    Retina display and better front facing camera for facetime would make me want it.

What I'd really be psyched about though, would be an iOS feature. I want a smooth, easy way to have 2 apple ID's (mine and my wife's) on a single iPad, for use with iCloud. I want to be able to use the family iPad and see only my apps, songs, videos, and photos. I have nothing to hide from my wife, but our preferences on many of these are quite different. If this funcionality is added, I might even make my son an apple ID so he can have all his games and such right up front.
    10-10-2011 11:11 AM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD