Why I Believer there will be no iPad update

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I doubt there will be an ipad delete any time this year.

This is why I believe so. The iPad 2 sales are phenomenal, and it is enjoying practically no competition, regardless of what else has been made, nothing compares.

Price wise no other company can compare, since apple is already on its second generation, it is reusing parts and it manufactures the costly Flash memory itself. Not to mention apples premium software included.

So taking some time to thinking about apple as a business, knowing you have no competition and great sales, why would you announce or release a new device that would kill your current sales.

Not only would another release the same year make some customers unhappy, but it would also be costly, since they would once again need newer parts and such, when they do not have to do much to enjoy what they are currently receiving. Not to mention that the company has to remake the money it spent investing in the device and is re-investing in the next ipads development before enjoying its slice of the cake.

Also apple never releases a device without it having some great reason for you to want to need it. Not just one update, or something some people want or liked, but several reasons that the masses would enjoy the update.

This is why I believer there will be no iPad update anytime soon.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iPad is coming this fall with a new and improved screen. Its coming whether you believe it or not.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
And it may not actually be called a iPad 3. Maybe its more of a iPad 2 Pro or HD. We just know there will be new updated hardware.

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the next iPad could definitely benefit from a retina display. I've been spoiled with it on the iPhone 4.

Tell me about it. It's why I bought iphone 4. Just saw the display and got one, wasn't bothered about the rest. Turns out it's the best buy I ever made!

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Tech sites don't make the news, Apple does. You can tell, the bloggers have nothing to write about.

The rumors are frivolous.

Until Apple unveils something, it doesn't exist.

But I'll tell you what- they're beating the iPad 2 like a dead horse.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You made your correction after you had already been proven wrong. No luck or facts in that. It's exactly like everyone else who is just guessing. It takes no sources or knowledge to guess apple will be releasing in march, the same time as the previous models.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You made your correction after you had already been proven wrong. No luck or facts in that. It's exactly like everyone else who is just guessing. It takes no sources or knowledge to guess apple will be releasing in march, the same time as the previous models.

No, actually I stated the reason behind the delay with the displays and a few days later sites were reporting the same thing. Nobody back then said March but me. Maybe you missed when I said when the iPhone 4S was coming and that it was going to look identical to the 4 maybe 6 months before it was released? Perhaps the iPhone 4 release date as well? Or how about this one?

Last edited:

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
No, actually I stated the reason behind the delay with the displays and a few days later sites were reporting the same thing. Nobody back then said March but me. Maybe you missed when I said when the iPhone 4S was coming and that it was going to look identical to the 4 maybe 6 months before it was released? Perhaps the iPhone 4 release date as well? Or how about this one?

Yes, you've researched some things, you've been right about some things but the fact of the matter is that you were still completely wrong at times. It's still only a rumor and you have no more leg up on them than the next person. You just researched in depth a bit more than most. Which is definitely a good thing. Don't get me wrong I love rumors and predicting the next apple product and you are pretty reliable compared to most. But I just thought I'd point out its still a rumor, and you can still be wrong.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yes, you've researched some things, you've been right about some things but the fact of the matter is that you were still completely wrong at times. It's still only a rumor and you have no more leg up on them than the next person. You just researched in depth a bit more than most. Which is definitely a good thing. Don't get me wrong I love rumors and predicting the next apple product and you are pretty reliable compared to most. But I just thought I'd point out its still a rumor, and you can still be wrong.

Again you are wrong as I have not researched anything. And in the past whenever I posted it was a fact at that moment in time. Yes sometimes things change within Apple or any other company. And yes I have a leg up so to speak. I did not magically find out from some random stranger on the street. How do you think I knew about the new iPad having a retina display 6 months ago? I saw it with my own eyes. (I even posted that in these very forums but I'm too lazy to go search for it) This is exactly why I'm keeping mum about anything else I see or hear and will let everyone else speculate and run wild.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Again you are wrong as I have not researched anything. And in the past whenever I posted it was a fact at that moment in time. Yes sometimes things change within Apple or any other company. And yes I have a leg up so to speak. I did not magically find out from some random stranger on the street. How do you think I knew about the new iPad having a retina display 6 months ago? I saw it with my own eyes. (I even posted that in these very forums but I'm too lazy to go search for it) This is exactly why I'm keeping mum about anything else I see or hear and will let everyone else speculate and run wild.

Haha yes man, your personally keeping the devices only rumors until apple releases them, with having complete access to them. That's completely ridiculous and absurd, someone who actually did have that kind of access wouldn't throw that out there for people too read over and over again. They'd instantly be picked up by apple and then they'd have no access. Even the people working at apple sometimes have no idea what there working on as found out in the new book inside apple. There's no leg you have above anybody, and no special access. And it's easily realized when you take a look at the facts and realize there is none going for you and no way for what your saying to be plausible. Only what your saying to have people who don't look into things as much believe it. And even more considering that you've been as wrong as anybody else, a inside person would've known the correction instantly, not right when the rest of the rumorists are saying the same things.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro