Camera: Everybody expected a camera with a flash for iPad 2, but that never came. iPad 3 is on its way and is rumored to be equipped with one. The previous iPad 2 had a decent camera but what will it be like when the iPad 3 hits the market with a camera with flash?

Processor: The iPad 2 flashed a 900MHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Apple A5 chipset and PowerVr SGX543MP2 GPU. That made the tablet one of the main contenders in the tablet market war. Now the iPad 3 is about to be introduced to millions of customers and is rumored to sport a Quad-Core Processor, most probably the A6. That will make the tablet as powerful as any high-end desktop computer.

Operating System: iPad 3 may see a major change when the OS of the most awaited tablet is discussed. The iPad 2 was powered by iOS 4, and now, as rumored, will the new iPad 3 see the next-generation iOS 5? Rumors regarding the OS go even deeper as the tablet is also expected to run OS X. If a quad-core processor, as mentioned earlier, is really coming then there are high chances that Apple may also introduce OS X Lion for the tablet.

HDMI: Previously, Apple introduced the HDMI playback in iPad 2. This, however, had problems of its own. The user needed an additional digital AV adapter which is available for $39. The upcoming iPad 3 is expected to end the problems regarding the additional HDMI cable with an evolved HDMI port.

New Retina display: The retina display was expected in iPad 2 but Apple decided to carry on with the display of the first iPad. Now the iPad 3 is being heavily rumored to arrive with the retina display. An improvised resolution of 2058X1536 pixels is also expected.

Top 5 Anticipated features for iPad 3 | Cult of iPhone
    07-03-2011 12:33 PM
    Quad core dosen't make it as powerful as a desktop. That will never happen, there isn't the space for the cooling or power requirements for number crunching CPU's. It's not the number of cores or the speed of the CPU. MIPS is a far more important identifier of a powerful CPU.
    07-05-2011 04:31 PM
    The faster processor and retina display will be enough for me.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 07-05-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-05-2011 04:44 PM
    Retina for me.... Everything else is moot... Although more RAM and the A6 would be nice
    07-05-2011 08:03 PM
    I would want Retina, better camera, more RAM, microSD expansion, and faster
    Processor
    07-06-2011 11:41 AM
    16:9 Retina
    07-06-2011 02:03 PM
    I definitely see a retina display, same design, better processor, better cameras
    07-06-2011 02:15 PM
    One more vote for retina display!!
    07-08-2011 03:36 AM
    Retina would be great, but I'll probably hold onto my iPad 1 unless FaceTime HD is included.
    07-11-2011 04:24 PM
    Is rumored, is rumored, is rumored....! Wow doesn't this sound all too familiar! Nobody has a freakin' clue! I love all this new tech just as much or more than the next guy but it's really too bad Apple is straying from their standard product release cycle. Now they're starting to follow suit and release a new product every three weeks like all of the other inferior brands. Apple already makes the best products out there so why feel the need to release so often. Hopefully we don't start getting half baked garbage like the other manu's give because they release too fast and too often! Apples fit, finish and usability is second to none!
    riley9dy likes this.
    07-11-2011 06:15 PM
    Is rumored, is rumored, is rumored....! Wow doesn't this sound all too familiar! Nobody has a freakin' clue! I love all this new tech just as much or more than the next guy but it's really too bad Apple is straying from their standard product release cycle. Now they're starting to follow suit and release a new product every three weeks like all of the other inferior brands. Apple already makes the best products out there so why feel the need to release so often. Hopefully we don't start getting half baked garbage like the other manu's give because they release too fast and too often! Apples fit, finish and usability is second to none!
    Apple is a company that has free run of the market place. As such, it's free to release products whenever it feels updates are warranted. They are in business to make products, sell products and make money. That's what they are doing.

As far as the "straying from their standard product release cycle"... where is that written in stone? There is no "standard product release cycle"... they release updates and new products as they see fit. As a customer we can choose to either buy or not buy. Where's the problem? If they start pushing out "half baked garbage like the other manu's" (sic), then as consumers, we are free to reject those updates... again, where's the problem?
    07-11-2011 06:31 PM
    It's interesting.
    07-25-2011 05:30 AM
    Besides the retina display screen, i don't think there would be a significant design change.
    07-25-2011 02:12 PM
    Idk... most of that just seems like a bit too much to hope for for the next ipad. Don't get me wrong it's gonna be good but not quite that good
    08-14-2011 07:13 PM
    ONLY Retina, nothing else
    08-18-2011 08:14 AM
    1) Retina display
    2) same battery life
    3) same prices as iPad 2
    4) A6 chip

...can't think of anything else other than just additional gesture features from iOS5
    08-19-2011 12:21 PM
    Anyone else want 64GB?
    08-19-2011 01:22 PM
    Anyone else want 64GB?
    ... uhh I hope this is sarcasm
    08-19-2011 10:40 PM
    Anyone else want 64GB?
    Couldn't afford the extra $100 in either the iPad or iPad2?

Apple iPad 2 - Buy iPad 2 Wi-Fi & iPad Wi-Fi + 3G - Black or White, Two Cameras, HD Recording, A5 Chip - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-19-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    08-19-2011 10:45 PM
    The new display is happening and that's a fact. Other than that in terms of hardware I could not ask for more. The camera is pretty useless, for me at least. Now software is a different case but that's a totally different thread.
    08-22-2011 02:14 PM
    Anyone else want 64GB?
    No, 32GB works well for me on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4. I still have 24GB free.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    08-22-2011 02:23 PM

Edit: Ignore this post. I thought this was an iPhone 5 thread. :o
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 08-23-2011 at 05:12 AM.
    08-22-2011 02:27 PM
    When has any apple product been inferior since the start of the iPod? Apple refreshes may be getting often now but it's just one at a time. You know apple to never release a just ok product. They always shock the release with a great update, especially when the make you wait for the release, like the iPad 3 and iPhone 5 right now. Those HAVE to be some great updates. Apple is making sure your not going to expect what they will contain and how great they'll be. For the iPad 3 I'm thinking ( and hoping) it will definitely have the a6 chip they're testing right now, the double resolution retina display, 8.0 back megapixal camera with hopefully a led flash. The front maybe a 3.0? It's mostly for FaceTime anyway. I'm feeling like it will be a bit of a redesign also, maybe a glass back like the iPhone 4? But I don't know. As for the hdmi, I don't think they'll ever put that in or any other port than a micro sd maybe. You can mirror the iPad 2 wirelessly with an apple tv and the big strides of apple is to make a wireless world, running a cord from your iPad to your tv definitely restricts your movement and freedom. They want to be wireless. But maybe a micro sd for ease of picture transfer would be nice.
    08-22-2011 11:46 PM
    I think iPad 2 - is ideal tablet, with good features, but more memory (RAM and ROM) will be a good thing. Because now on my iPad (1G, 32GB) 25Gb ROM using for apps, and there no more space for video
    08-23-2011 05:44 AM
    Maybe the next iPad will be LTE capable. Verizon already has 1 or 2 Android Tabs on their network.

08-23-2011 07:13 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD