iPad 3 this October *Updated - DELAYED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't need to be a weather man to tell you it's going to snow in the winter. Just common sense. But you and your "source" seem to think it will snow in the summer. Like you said " put your money where your mouth is"

---
- Sent from my iPhone -Tapatalk

Actually it was slated for October and that is a fact. And whether you believe me or not, I could care less. I'm done wasting my time replying to you and your whopping 72 posts here. So don't bother replying again as it will be pointless and off topic.

OK, now that that's done - back on topic. Thanks so much. :)

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't need to be a weather man to tell you it's going to snow in the winter. Just common sense. But you and your "source" seem to think it will snow in the summer. Like you said " put your money where your mouth is"

---
- Sent from my iPhone -Tapatalk

Things change. Seesm like you read many blog sites so you should know there has been issues with parts and so forth including screens. It could be anything that delayed it but thats my guess. Its obvious you dont post much here but more often than not, Jeremy is spot on with release dates. One time things did not go as planned and you act like a little prick. If you got to act childish about certain things, maybe he wont talk about what he knows. And once again, if you have been around you would know he is right most times.

Gators625

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Jeremy, I'm just curious. Are you able to go into any detail as to what the reason was to push it back to March? A6 related? Display related? Certainly it has to do with production issues on some level. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, that's fine. I was just curious.

Went to the store to check out the iPad 2 but after seeing the screen...man...I need my retina...especially after having a iPod touch 4 and getting used to the higher resolution. Looks like I'll be waiting until March after all ;)

Also, I wonder if Apple is going to be the first one to put out a higher res tablet. I'd imagine they would want to be the first Retina/quad core device on the market in volume.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Jeremy, I'm just curious. Are you able to go into any detail as to what the reason was to push it back to March? A6 related? Display related? Certainly it has to do with production issues on some level. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, that's fine. I was just curious.

Went to the store to check out the iPad 2 but after seeing the screen...man...I need my retina...especially after having a iPod touch 4 and getting used to the higher resolution. Looks like I'll be waiting until March after all ;)

Also, I wonder if Apple is going to be the first one to put out a higher res tablet. I'd imagine they would want to be the first Retina/quad core device on the market in volume.

I have seen the device in early form with the retina display. It is obviously like going from an iPhone 3GS screen to an iPhone 4. I was told there were some issues with the screens but I'm sure there are more to it that I am not aware of.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
wow

Apple Pushes iPad 3 to 2012 due to Retina Display - Mac Rumors

Jeremy with the call at the plate. Good stuff ;)

Can't believe there are people that have been on this forum for a while that doubted this guy.

Look at that. What do you know... :eek:

And regardless what anyone thinks, it was coming in October. They had their reasons. That was Apples plan once Verizon entered into the equation. And to those who say well that's not the product life cycle or any of that BS then explain the next iPhone being released in October. Wait, don't or you'll be taking this thread off topic. ;)

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Yeah I'll just go for the 2 now. I can always upgrade later next year.

This is exactly what I just did tonight. I figured as long as the iPad 3 isn't coming out till the Spring, I might as well enjoy the iPad 2 during the wait for it. Apple products sell well, so we can always sell our iPad 2's and put the money from the sale towards the iPad 3. :)

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Look at that. What do you know... :eek:

And regardless what anyone thinks, it was coming in October. They had their reasons. That was Apples plan once Verizon entered into the equation. And to those who say well that's not the product life cycle or any of that BS then explain the next iPhone being released in October. Wait, don't or you'll be taking this thread off topic. ;)

Exactly. I remember a lot of people were saying a few months ago that the iPhone 5 or whatever it will be called wouldn't be delayed because that would not be the Apple trend. LOL, a few months later and still no new iPhone. Everyone is always saying how Apple products are top quality, so it only stands to reason why Apple would delay the launch on both of these two devices knowing that they aren't quite right.

---

Jesso2k

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got to say Tipb has lost any shred of journalistic integrity it once had. It wasn't so much that you reposted every whisper of the iPad 3 on your page whenever it made the rounds, it was this thread and Rene's posts in story comments about how it was a sure thing, so sure you would stake your reputation on it without disclosing your sources.

Now it's time to eat crow. You were dead wrong. You spoke in absolutes and got burned for it. You really think your readers should take you for more than a quirky iPhone 4 case review site? Then why don't you disclose the number of iPad 3 related articles you've posted this season and the amount of hits and ad dollars it's generated you?

You fooled us once sure, but be assured when you try this again next year your going to hit a wall of resistance right off the bat.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got to say Tipb has lost any shred of journalistic integrity it once had. It wasn't so much that you reposted every whisper of the iPad 3 on your page whenever it made the rounds, it was this thread and Rene's posts in story comments about how it was a sure thing, so sure you would stake your reputation on it without disclosing your sources.

Now it's time to eat crow. You were dead wrong. You spoke in absolutes and got burned for it. You really think your readers should take you for more than a quirky iPhone 4 case review site? Then why don't you disclose the number of iPad 3 related articles you've posted this season and the amount of hits and ad dollars it's generated you?

You fooled us once sure, but be assured when you try this again next year your going to hit a wall of resistance right off the bat.

I disagree with you here... TiPb/Jeremy kept us informed of every new piece of info that came out about the iPad 3, including posting a news story on the front page when it was known that the Oct. release was canceled till the Spring. I realize you are probably disappointed as a lot of us are by this delay, but pointing fingers won't help it come out any sooner. Apple is the one who has the final say in when their product is going to come out and if something wasn't right with the retina display on the iPad 3, I think Apple did the right thing in delaying the release of it so they could get it right the first time. I can't speak for others, however, I'm still coming to TiPb for all my iOS related news stories. I first read about the delay of the iPad 3 right here, so yes, TiPb got it right!

---

Jesso2k

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I will continue you visit tipb as they are always quick to post new stories and offer their opinion. I am disappointed by the amount of regurgitated iPad 3 stories over the past few months with new info few and far between.

What really bothers me was postering by tipb's writers and moderators on the certainty of the iPad 3 release in order to justify the coverage. I knew the day tipb would have to recant their claims was coming soon, I kept that in mind and made sure to call those people out the time came.

I know I sound like a hater but browse the forums, I just read a post from Garz saying the 'iPad is coming this fall whether you like it or not.'

Jeremy says it again and again following it up by 'follow me on twitter'

You've got to be kidding me

Rene I don't have to much beef with, I just feel he should be more forthcoming and transparent with his reporting.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I never questioned the info regarding his source concerning dates or what's being worked on. Just the reasoning and certainty of a fall ipad release.

What's rubbed me the wrong way in this thread is basically how unfriendly it got. If you disagreed and offered your own reasons, you got hit quickly by others. "I guess you'll still be trying to convince yourself in October while we're playing with ipad 3's" LOL I guess not.

"No, your reasons are wrong..my source said its because of this and this. These are the real reasons. Anything else is pure garbage"

And this of course is nonsense. Especially the statement that Verizon caused Apple to release the ipad 2 and caused the iphone 5 to be launched in the fall. Apple would never let another company dictate it's strategy. The source may know dates or what is being worked on but I would question if he knows much else.

If you understand anything about apple, it's that Apple prefers being in control. That its strategy is marketing driven. That software trumps hardware.

My first instinct upon hearing the iphone would launch in the fall is that it totally had to do with iOS 5. (or iCloud or perhaps both). This has not changed. What makes sense to me is that knowing this, it provided Apple an opportunity to give Verizon an iphone even earlier than intended and still have time for a white iphone launch. It also provides an opportunity to move to a better release time..closer to the holiday season especially with decreasing ipod sales currently taking that prime slot.

The ipad 3 had legs because iOS 5 is a huge marketing opportunity. But it's not essential yet (to launch an ipad around it) because the retina screen still figures to be a huge draw on its own. The ipad 2 is selling lights out. And Apple has enough to market this fall while leaving something for later.

No offense. But i'd rather speculate based on apple's history which as usual, proved to be more useful and accurate. Not based on what some nameless source has to say or spins things.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Some of you people are hysterical. How many times do I have to go over this - things change, get over it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I never questioned the info regarding his source concerning dates or what's being worked on. Just the reasoning and certainty of a fall ipad release.

What's rubbed me the wrong way in this thread is basically how unfriendly it got. If you disagreed and offered your own reasons, you got hit quickly by others. "I guess you'll still be trying to convince yourself in October while we're playing with ipad 3's" LOL I guess not.

"No, your reasons are wrong..my source said its because of this and this. These are the real reasons. Anything else is pure garbage"

And this of course is nonsense. Especially the statement that Verizon caused Apple to release the ipad 2 and caused the iphone 5 to be launched in the fall. Apple would never let another company dictate it's strategy. The source may know dates or what is being worked on but I would question if he knows much else.

If you understand anything about apple, it's that Apple prefers being in control. That its strategy is marketing driven. That software trumps hardware.

My first instinct upon hearing the iphone would launch in the fall is that it totally had to do with iOS 5. (or iCloud or perhaps both). This has not changed. What makes sense to me is that knowing this, it provided Apple an opportunity to give Verizon an iphone even earlier than intended and still have time for a white iphone launch. It also provides an opportunity to move to a better release time..closer to the holiday season especially with decreasing ipod sales currently taking that prime slot.

The ipad 3 had legs because iOS 5 is a huge marketing opportunity. But it's not essential yet (to launch an ipad around it) because the retina screen still figures to be a huge draw on its own. The ipad 2 is selling lights out. And Apple has enough to market this fall while leaving something for later.

No offense. But i'd rather speculate based on apple's history which as usual, proved to be more useful and accurate. Not based on what some nameless source has to say or spins things.

Listen you can say whatever you want to say or believe what you want to believe. You and others who have posted recently are the reason I will not be sharing any other information I get from the fruit company. Trust me I gain nothing from passing information to others here. But that is over now as well as this thread.

Thread closed.

*and just to be clear about this threads closing - no point of going back and forth between those who don't believe what I've posted and those who do. Really nothing more to discuss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal