iPad 3 this October *Updated - DELAYED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
After today's news you can hear a pin drop in this thread... Just saying, couldn't resist.

Until anything official and they start shipping, still just rumor... :p

Don't care how good your sources are or if accurate or not... And I don't get the bragging either... It only really matters once it's actually in the Apple Store

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Don't care how good your sources are or if accurate or not... And I don't get the bragging either... It only really matters once it's actually in the Apple Store

aww, man, you done gone and tugged on Superman's cape... instant karma's gonna get you... :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

His sources are right just like my sources are right about beta releases. We don't talk unless we know what we are talking about when it comes to "rumors".

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt there shall be any sort of ipad update anytime THIS year.

Here is why, I typically see a lot of posts on different sites and sources always swearing some new i"blah" will be released soon based off of some random speculation.

This is what I do for semi-accurate predictions. Remember the golden rule, Apple is a company. Now think what would you do, if your device has high demand, strong market and no competition.

Knowing that if you were to announce a new device would not only kill your current market, but also cut into your profits since you would have to change things around and buy updated parts, when you can just re-use current parts that are constantly getting cheaper as the technology progresses.

Would you really make some sort of costly update, not to mention you would infuriate recent buyers of the device. There are other apple systems that have done without an update far longer, I believe those will be updated first.

Also apple never really does an update until they have something new and an actual reason to make you want to buy the device and not just some half updates.

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes, just sometimes there are real people in the know. It's pretty naive if not ignorant to think that employees of companies, friends and relatives of companies never look at these forums and post under an alias. It's a perfect place to look for feedback on a product, get first hand news of overlooked design flaws, bugs within code or how the next update can improve. Sales figures just show you marketed the hype on a product well, they don't tell you it was designed well (grip of death anyone).

I doubt Jeremey is bragging. He could be 14 year old kid for all we know. He's just a name on the web and a name on the web is, in my opinion, is hard to gain bragging rights. Now, these people that do know (and I do believe that Jeremy does know) are highly unlikely to name names and their sources. These names would probably find themselves out of a job, something you wouldn't want to do when it's a high profile global company like Apple or Microsoft etc. I earn my living with Microsoft products and I knew when Server 2003 was launched that the next version would be a more Unix CLI like modular installable OS....... 6 years before it was released, because I knew a person that knew first hand!

If you take time out to read the references given by other people and the fact that his past predictions have been correct, you might like to give the guy a bit of credit. It's these accurate predictions have probably saved people a lot of money. At the time I bought ipad 2, it's replacement release date was a wild rumour that I took at face value. After getting the pad and reading this forum more, I realised if I knew then what I knew now I would of waited for the next update. I even asked Apple while waiting for delivery about the next pad and was told they do not comment on product not officially announced.

Point is, people like Jeremy are providing a service, he's giving us a 'choice' that we will never get from Apple. No I aint kissing his arse either, we are on two different continents. He doesn't have to let us know his inside knowledge and if he just wanted to churn out a load of crap, he wouldn't have much credit on here would he? So it's not in his best interest to do so

I felt I had to reply to this length because I just don't think the way you waded in with those comments was needed.

It's a nice atmosphere on here, there's not much aggression, insults or dismissive behaviour. It's the only forum I come back to most days. I've got good tips and tricks from here I never knew about, let's keep it that way.

Your views are respected I totally agree with you with regards to what's available in the store is what counts, I think Jeremey will too. It is all hearsay, but it has tended to be quite accurate hearsay and I'd be willing to make a future purchasing decision based on it.

Peace

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Maybe. But I think the iPad 3 is more likely. Calling it the iPad 2 HD is only going to confuse people, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

The name could effect pricing.

If it is the iPad 2 HD (or iPad 2 Pro, or something like that) it will probably be a new, higher pricing tier.

If it is the iPad 3 (replacing the iPad 2) it will probably be the same pricing scheme at the iPad 2.

Edit: Or rather, the name might reflect a pricing difference...the name itself doesn't really influence the pricing.

Chris

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The name could effect pricing.

If it is the iPad 2 HD (or iPad 2 Pro, or something like that) it will probably be a new, higher pricing tier.

If it is the iPad 3 (replacing the iPad 2) it will probably be the same pricing scheme at the iPad 2.

Chris

Chris, even if they do call it the iPad 2 HD, they could still lower the price of the iPad 2, and use the current iPad 2 price for the HD. I don't think the name is going to have too much to do with what the name is anyway, but we'll see in just a few months.

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Chris, even if they do call it the iPad 2 HD, they could still lower the price of the iPad 2, and use the current iPad 2 price for the HD. I don't think the name is going to have too much to do with what the name is anyway, but we'll see in just a few months.

But if imagine your not savvy with apple, buy an ipad 2 and a week later it's a hundred less.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm still convinced there's no ipad in the fall. Though i'd be in line for one if it had retina.

IMO, it would overshadow the iphone 5. I'm not sure Apple wants to head there. I'd get both but if i could get only one, i'd choose a retina ipad over an iphone 5 for sure given how good the iphone 4 is. That's lost sales of the iphone 5.

Plus if they do got a retina ipad going, it's best to use it for 2012's sales. Currently they can't make enough ipad 2's to sell and the holidays are approaching. As a rule, it's best to predict Apple by what makes most sense for marketing.

Yep, i know. Inside sources, parts suppliers, rumors, etc say a new ipad is on its way in the fall. But then again, a camera on an ipod touch was a given a year or two back right? Didn't happen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still convinced there's no ipad in the fall. Though i'd be in line for one if it had retina.

IMO, it would overshadow the iphone 5. I'm not sure Apple wants to head there. I'd get both but if i could get only one, i'd choose a retina ipad over an iphone 5 for sure given how good the iphone 4 is. That's lost sales of the iphone 5.

Plus if they do got a retina ipad going, it's best to use it for 2012's sales. Currently they can't make enough ipad 2's to sell and the holidays are approaching. As a rule, it's best to predict Apple by what makes most sense for marketing.

Yep, i know. Inside sources, parts suppliers, rumors, etc say a new ipad is on its way in the fall. But then again, a camera on an ipod touch was a given a year or two back right? Didn't happen.

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself that it won't be coming out, which is fine. While you're are still trying to convince yourself in October that it isn't coming out, the rest of us that did know will be sitting around enjoying our new iPad 3.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You sound like you're trying to convince yourself that it won't be coming out, which is fine. While you're are still trying to convince yourself in October that it isn't coming out, the rest of us that did know will be sitting around enjoying our new iPad 3.

Why would i be trying to convince myself that a rumor isn't true? That Apple is going to break from their established norms of doing business. Sorry dude, it's you that needs to do the convincing, not posting condescending responses with no substance.

Don't bother posting rumors. If you really believe this then please respond why you think it would be in Apple's best interest to do so. And how it would fit with the way Apple does business. Someone in the "know" should umm...know right?

And again, I'd love to be wrong.

Last edited:

evankwh

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
The way i see it (i am planning on buying an iPad 2 in a few weeks) is that if the iPad 2 does everything you want it to, will still be able to run the apps you want it to whats the point in complaining or updating.
The new iPad is not going to change the functionality of the iPad 2 or change the iPad 2 so don't see the reason not to buy it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.