Email not working right on iPad

Gary Mazo

iMore/Mobile Nations staff
Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you had email troubles with your iPad? I know lots of users have had email issues. I'm wondering if there is enough similarity in problems to start making some generalizations. So, let us know what your specific email issues are and hopefully we can help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having any email problems with any of my devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2 & MacBook).

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Susan137

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it's driving me crazy! i've switched on and off, rebooted, restored factory settings, re installed, followed all instructions from my provider (very patiently) but the problem seem to be with Apple.

I can receive perfectly but receive a range of error messages when i try to send.

Please help!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
it's driving me crazy! i've switched on and off, rebooted, restored factory settings, re installed, followed all instructions from my provider (very patiently) but the problem seem to be with Apple.

I can receive perfectly but receive a range of error messages when i try to send.

Please help!

What's your email provider and how is it setup

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My Gmail is set up as Exchange on my iPhone & iPad and set up as IMAP on my MBA.
I'm not having any issues.

Good Luck

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Need to set sync settings in phone and iPad so when you delete it removes it vs putting it in the all mail folder

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

LanTan105

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a iPad 4 and it was doing good until last week.
When I receive emails, the notification window pop up as usual.
I select DISMISSED and try to read it later but the blue dots are gone and make them look like read emails.
And the email icon on the mail screen doesn't have arrived email counts.
Clients are complain about me not responding their emails....
I haven't read emails but they are displayed as read.
This is annoying matter.
It wasn't like this when I bought it.
Does this have to do with configuration?
Thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPad 4 and it was doing good until last week.
Did you make a settings change or an update of some sort last week? Is your device jailbroken?
When I receive emails, the notification window pop up as usual.
Okay
I select DISMISSED and try to read it later but the blue dots are gone and make them look like read emails.
Where do you select "Dismissed"? If you haven't actually opened the email messages, the unread dots should still be visible to you. Hmm!
And the email icon on the mail screen doesn't have arrived email counts.
Like above, if you haven't actually opened the messages the unread count should still be visible, if enabled. Are you using the built-in mail app?
Clients are complain about me not responding their emails....
You did say that you select dismissed so that you could read the messages later...:)
I haven't read emails but they are displayed as read.
Okay.
This is annoying matter.
It wasn't like this when I bought it.
Does this have to do with configuration?
Thanks in advance
Something is screwed up somewhere. If you use iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook mail, you can try deleting those accounts "from your iPad" and then reconfiguring them.

Bob Corliss

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
This initially makes no snse...email has been fine then two days ago email will not open! The left column displays email, sound goes off to alert you to email, From & To show up, Title shows up with date and time...but you cannot open nor read the email. Searching for emaiH icon is active. Have been into Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calenders even bought an IPAD Book but nothing speaks to how to influence the Reading Pane. Your help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Bob Corliss

LanTan105

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you make a settings change or an update of some sort last week? Is your device jailbroken?
Thanks for your help.
No, I didn't make any change but I remember there was a update.
And no, my device is not jailbroken.

Where do you select "Dismissed"? If you haven't actually opened the email messages, the unread dots should still be visible to you.
I select "DISMISSED" at the pop up notification window. That's what I thought too that the unread dots should still be visible to me but no....

Like above, if you haven't actually opened the messages the unread count should still be visible, if enabled. Are you using the built-in mail app?

Yes, I'm using the mail app that come with the iPad. but the unread count will not appear. Well, I can see the reason of that because the app take away of those unread dots so eventually the count will disappear.

Something is screwed up somewhere. If you use iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook mail, you can try deleting those accounts "from your iPad" and then reconfiguring them.

Yes, I have iCloud, Yahoo mail accounts configured in the app.
I will try to delete those accounts and reconfigure it.
will post what happens.
thanks

LanTan105

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Just want to let you know that it went back to normal without any change or anything....
Don't ask me how it went back.
It just did.....sucks

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just want to let you know that it went back to normal without any change or anything....
Don't ask me how it went back.
It just did.....sucks

All that matters is that it works again. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day...:)

Sabriana

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I know that this won't be something new - but my iPad3 just stopped getting email.
I have two email accounts setup in the Mail app - my website's email and yahoo! mail (queue the loud groans). They have been working fine for ages now and about 1 week ago, I stopped getting email - and was not able to send any email.

I have upgraded to iOS 6 in hopes that it might solve my problem. No.

I deleted the account setup (webpage email) and reinstalled. Now it appears that I cannot get *any* of my emails - meaning read, unread emails. They are being seen by my iPhone and on my laptop - but I should still be able to see them on the ipad correct? (at least it worked that way before)... I must be missing a setting!.

Currently when I look at the inbox of my webpage email it says "downloading 1 of 1" - but nothing happens. In addition when I attempt to send something I get the message that the message was placed in the Outbox because the user is unknown. I have the primary SMTP setup as the outgoing at my business, and a secondary SMTP setup as the ISP for my residence - my wifi location. This should work and its doesn't!

help!

Last edited:

thedmm

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I received an email from an unknown sender, which is SPAM or malware of some sort.

I cannot delete or open this email. The moment I select it, the Mail App freezes, and nothing gets things un- frozen other than turning the App off from the Finder screen, or turning the IPad off, or, about half the time, the App dies on its own after being frozen for a minute or two.

When I restart Mail after it froze, it starts abnormally, with a blank screen displaying 'No Message Selected.'

Mail works fine so long as I do not touch this toxic message, but I'd really like to get rid of this nasty message.

Can anyone help??

My iPad is 3rd Gen 64 gb, version 5.1.1.

thedmm

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can only see it on the Inbox or Edit menus, and in either case, the instant I select it, for any reason, the App freezes.

I'm considering installing iOS6, but I don't think that it will help, as that OS didn't do much for Mail, did it?

I've been holding off on that upgrade because I don't want to give up Maps.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I can only see it on the Inbox or Edit menus, and in either case, the instant I select it, for any reason, the App freezes.

I'm considering installing iOS6, but I don't think that it will help, as that OS didn't do much for Mail, did it?

I've been holding off on that upgrade because I don't want to give up Maps.

Can you not login to your email provider via a computer and remove the troublesome email message completely then reboot your iPad. If the mail is IMAP or Exchange-based, the mail app 'should' refresh to show that it has been removed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit