Airplay Issue

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 MC769LL/A running 9.3.5. I have an Apple TV 3rd generation A1469 running the latest iOS. For some reason on this iPad it doesn't display the Apple TV in the room. If I go to Airplay, the list will populate but this Apple TV does not appear on the list. It shows other Apple Apple TVs in the same network. Both devices are in the same room, both devices are getting any IP address, on the iPad I can access the internet, using another Phone I can see this Apple TV.

I have done the following:

Forget the Network and rejoined the Wifi on both devices.
Restarted both devices
Reset the network settings on the iPad
Renamed the Apple TV
Disabled Airplay password
Turned OFF and ON Airplay on Apple TV

The user was able to use the same iPad and Apple TV once before. I am not sure what changed or why it no longer works. I understand the iPad is an outdated model but it did work at some point in the past.

What am I missing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Somehow, I’m under the impression that tvOS supports the iPad 3rd generation and later.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I'm completely clear on what "list" you are talking about? Are you talking about the remote app (or the remote in the control panel, Screen mirroring/AirPlay, or something else?

From what I can find, the remote app doesn't work with the Apple TV 3rd Gen, you have to have the 4th Gen or 4K. If you are trying to AirPlay/Mirror, I'd suggest trying the steps on this Apple Support page. It sounds like you've done many of those steps so, if there is nothing there you have not tried and no one here comes up with a different idea, then I'm afraid contacting Apple Support may be your next step.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Just for clarification, I am talking about Apple TV 3rd generation running 7.2.2 and iPad 2 Wifi model running 9.3.5. This has nothing to do with tvOS or remote app or Apple TV 4th generation. I am not sure where you are getting that information.

All I want to do is take the iPad 2 and show content on the Apple TV using Airplay. The problem is this, the Apple TV does not show up as an available device in Airplay. On the iPad, if I click on AIRPLAY it will populate a "list" of available Apple TVs. However the Apple TV I want to use is NOT showing up in the list.

I am trying to figure out why. Why did this work before and now it doesn't work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative