i upgraded from a iphone 4s to 5s , when i deleted my pictures from the old phone they disappeared from the new phone too. how can i clear my old phone and still keep my pictures
    02-12-2016 07:32 AM
  2. robertk328 said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore!

It sounds like you're using iCloud photo library / Photo stream. This will sync the photos across devices, and do exactly what you're describing. If you don't want that, you'll need to disable it. That would keep each phone's library unique.

Since it seems you're trying to clean the old phone to sell it, give it to someone, etc., just restore it as new (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all contents and settings) and the iCloud library will be intact on the other devices.
    Welcome to iMore!

It sounds like you're using iCloud photo library / Photo stream. This will sync the photos across devices, and do exactly what you're describing. If you don't want that, you'll need to disable it. That would keep each phone's library unique.

Since it seems you're trying to clean the old phone to sell it, give it to someone, etc., just restore it as new (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all contents and settings) and the iCloud library will be intact on the other devices.
    firedept10 likes this.
    02-12-2016 08:07 AM
    Welcome to iMore. Do you have your iCloud Photo Library turned on, or My Photo Stream? If you do, then turn them off in Settings>Photos & Camera on your 4s. This should stop them from deleting off the 5s.
    02-12-2016 08:08 AM