i have a power mac g4 running osx 9 or so, not sure about it right now. i tried updating it about 2 years ago to work with my new ipad 2, so i could download my pictures and videos from it and store them on the mac. i tried updating the mac myself, but kept running into troubles getting updates to install. i know this mac is old, but i don't want to give up on it. please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    MRMETALLICA likes this.
    11-02-2015 11:34 PM
    Welcome to iMore! Three questions:

1. What version of OS X are you using? You can find out by clicking the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen and then selecting About This Mac.

2. What version of iTunes are you using? To find out, open iTunes, click on iTunes on the menu bar, and select About iTunes.

3. What version of iOS are you using?

I'm asking these questions because I'm wondering if there is incompatibility with the versions of software you're using given your older device. For example, iOS 9 is only officially supported on iTunes 12.3, which requires Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later.
    11-03-2015 06:31 AM
    I have osx 10.4.11 installed, my itunes version is 9.02. i want to be able to use my ipad 2 to backup photos and videos on my g4, but every time i connect it to the mac, it never recognizes it. please help me.
    11-04-2015 03:01 AM
    I have osx 10.4.11 installed, my itunes version is 9.02. i want to be able to use my ipad 2 to backup photos and videos on my g4, but every time i connect it to the mac, it never recognizes it. please help me.
    Not gonna happen ...

Mac System Requirements
    Hardware:
    Mac computer with an Intel processor
    To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required
    To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required
    Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
    Broadband Internet connection to use Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and iTunes Extras
    Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work. Songs from the Apple Music catalog cannot be burned to a CD.
    Software:
    OS X version 10.8.5 or later, Apple Music requires OS X version 10.9.5 or later
    400MB of available disk space
    Apple Music, Apple Music Radio, iTunes in the Cloud, and iTunes Match availability may vary by country
    iTunes Extras require OS X version 10.10.3 or later
    11-04-2015 12:10 PM