I have an iPad 2 that is stuck at the iTunes with usb cable screen. How can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

i have an iPad 2 that is stuck at the iTunes with usb cable screen.

I have connected to iTunes, it detects the iPad 2. I tried the update first and it failed. I attempted the restore and update and it attempts to download the update. Then, I get a message stating "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad "iPad". An unknown error occurred (-39). Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later.
I tried the restore again after disabling the antivirus software and received the same message. I appreciate any suggestions on how to restore this iPad 2.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: i have an iPad 2 that is stuck at the iTunes with usb cable screen.

Well because you state you have the cable and iTunes on screen you cannot hurt anything as that tells you it is in restore mode so unplug it and turn it off. Plug it back in to iTunes and turn back on and choose to "RESTORE". This should work and hope you did a previous backup first or if you can now do so, Then do the restore, This should take care of your issue.

zaphalone

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
when you see the report, unplug the iPad.. check the download icon at the right top of iTunes, you'll notice it's downloading the update.. re-attempt the update after the software has finish downloading..
sorry for my english... I'm not an English man..

toffeeman

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
when you see the report, unplug the iPad.. check the download icon at the right top of iTunes, you'll notice it's downloading the update.. re-attempt the update after the software has finish downloading..
sorry for my english... I'm not an English man.

Thank you very much. This worked for me. If I hadn't seen your message I might have given up!

I also got another error message (error 9 this time, and not error 39). I just disconnected the ipad from the computer, closed down itunes, reconnected the ipad and restarted itunes. From there I just followed the prompts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit