Anyone update their iPad2 to 8.4?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been brave enough to actually update their iPad 2 to iOS 8.4?

Mine's running 8.3, has not received any push notification of 8.4 and I was wondering if I should go try to pull it instead. But I'm worried about system performance. On 8.3, my iPad 2 is slow and jerky, I don't want to make it any worse.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Both my kids iPad 2s updated to 8.4 and they are working great.

They are on them non stop so if there was an issue I would know about it already.

vince masson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I upgraded my IPad 2 a couple days ago in response to a push notification.

I am sorry I did. My IPad 2 is running very slow.

I can only assume that either Apple will issue a patch or they have decided it's time to force IPad 2 owners to buy new product.

iZeep

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Any update from iPad 2 user on 8.4 experience, or links to articles on whether to upgrade?
I seem to recall articles on earlier upgrades indicating that it is normal to have slow performance for a few days after an upgrade, but things may improve after that.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Any update from iPad 2 user on 8.4 experience, or links to articles on whether to upgrade?
I seem to recall articles on earlier upgrades indicating that it is normal to have slow performance for a few days after an upgrade, but things may improve after that.
Don't do it. There have been many reports of problems with 8.4 on an iPad 2, including BT and WiFi. I personally had BT die on me with 8.4, as in completely non-functional. Full wipe and restore, even without restoring data/settings failed to fix it. I had to revert back to 8.3 for BT to work again.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's any comfort, I've got an iPad 2 running iOS 9 public beta 3, and it's running very well. Better than it did on 8.3 or 8.4.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711