So, this seems like putting the cart before the horse but I just purchased a 32gb iPad 2 off of C-List. It is in pristine condition, looks like it just came out of the box. Complete with charger and a brand new Otterbox case for $200. I consider this to be a decent purchase. What I would like to know is if this is a good buy. Is the iPad 2 still a viable electronic? Understand that I will predominantly use it to surf the net and very few apps. No music or photos.
    05-06-2015 01:33 PM
    It should work for your needs. Apple sold them for a LONG time even after other models came out. And they still get given away as promo's sometimes. When the Dish says you get a free iPad with your service they usually mean an iPad 2! It's still a great device. Heck I know people who still have and love their original iPad's. My ex's parents still have mine. At least I think they do, been a while since I spoke to her! LOL
    05-06-2015 01:44 PM
    It should work for your needs. Apple sold them for a LONG time even after other models came out. And they still get given away as promo's sometimes. When the Dish says you get a free iPad with your service they usually mean an iPad 2! It's still a great device. Heck I know people who still have and love their original iPad's. My ex's parents still have mine. At least I think they do, been a while since I spoke to her! LOL
    I understand the not speaking to the ex and her family, lol. Now I just have to find someone interested in buying either my LG G Flex or my Nokia 930 and I can buy a iPhone 5S and be fully incorporated into the iMore Family.
    05-06-2015 02:05 PM
    I understand the not speaking to the ex and her family, lol. Now I just have to find someone interested in buying either my LG G Flex or my Nokia 930 and I can buy a iPhone 5S and be fully incorporated into the iMore Family.
    Swappa is yoiur friend bro. They got 5s's going between 270$-350 range in good condition.
    05-06-2015 02:41 PM
    Because iPad 2 is discontinued, so the reviews online are all from last year or further back. I though these reviews might help out a little.

Detailed iPad 2 Review, Including Pros and Cons

Apple iPad 2 Reviews, Pros and Cons, Ratings - TechSpot

These reviews are detailed and they seem to be expert reviews / ratings.
    05-12-2015 01:50 PM
    I just repossessed an iPad 2 for my backup iPad (downgraded from a 3, was too heavy), reset it and updated to 8.3, and it's running really nicely.

See also:
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/04...stall-ios-8-3/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-12-2015 01:59 PM