iPad 2 headphone jack not working properly

FercKast

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
For a while now, my mom's iPad 2 has had issues with the headphone jack that allows her to only (and just barely, at that) hear audio from the left side of her headphones. I've tried all my regular headphones with, which work fine for my devices, but had no luck. It is likely to be out warranty by now, since she bought it from one of my sisters shortly before iPad 3 was released I believe.

Having said that, I was wondering which of the following would be the best solution: a) repairing the jack myself / taking it to a tech shop for repair. b) switch her to Bluetooth headphones and see if that will work. c) upgrade her iPad 2 (maybe to an iPad 4, to avoid having to buy a new case as well as a wall mount above her sewing machine)

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Jugglery

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I just found out how to solve this problem.

You will need to reset your iPad.You will probably want to do a backup of your content before you do this. There was no loss of content when I did it, but it never hurts to be overly careful.

Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

That's it! The iPad will reset and the headphone jack will work every time.

At least, that is what happened to me. I was pretty excited to have found the solution.

Best of luck.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just found out how to solve this problem.

You will need to reset your iPad.You will probably want to do a backup of your content before you do this. There was no loss of content when I did it, but it never hurts to be overly careful.

Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

That's it! The iPad will reset and the headphone jack will work every time.

At least, that is what happened to me. I was pretty excited to have found the solution.

Best of luck.

Thanks for posting. OP's problem sounded more hardware-related but restoring is worth a try before purchasing a new iPad!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW