I have already reinstalled the operating system twice( and upgraded all aps) at the genius bar. Works well for a couple of days and then starts shutting down at 40-50% battery. I am told by the genius' that the battery is perfect???? I am afraid that if I do purchase a new one and install back up that I may experience the same gliche. Anyone else have this experience?
    07-18-2014 05:09 PM
    When you say it "shuts down", are you saying that your device turns off between 40 & 50%? If so, are you able to turn it back on?
    07-18-2014 10:03 PM
    Yes it shuts down between 40 and 50%. I am able to start it back up, takes a long time, and then it immediately shuts down again when I try to do anything. The only way I can get it to stay on is with the charger. If it is plugged in, it will stay on and function with all my aps. That's why I thought it was the battery but the genius' say that it is an operating system gliche that triggers the battery to shut down????
    Thanks for your response!
    07-19-2014 03:35 PM
    Yes it shuts down between 40 and 50%. I am able to start it back up, takes a long time, and then it immediately shuts down again when I try to do anything. The only way I can get it to stay on is with the charger. If it is plugged in, it will stay on and function with all my aps. That's why I thought it was the battery but the genius' say that it is an operating system gliche that triggers the battery to shut down????
    Thanks for your response!
    It's possible. The only thing I Eva. Recommend at this point is to backup your data, put your device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes, and when iTunes detect it in recovery, select to restore it. iTunes will download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version for your device. After the process is complete, I recommend you set it up as new just in case a corrupt setting is the culprit, and you do not want to reinstall that culprit...
    07-19-2014 07:50 PM
    I could do that and get a new iPad but then I will lose all my settings and pas and address book…right. I would have to start all over?
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    07-21-2014 05:30 PM
    I could do that and get a new iPad but then I will lose all my settings and pas and address book…right. I would have to start all over?
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    You won't lose your address book or settings as long as they're in the backup you're restoring on whatever iPad you're restoring to. You can also backup your contacts on iCloud. Settings - iCloud and toggle on contacts.
    07-21-2014 06:12 PM