Stuck in recovery mode after over the air update

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So my wife tried to update her ipad2 from ios6 to 7 but she did it over the air not through itunes. She didn't know that it being jailbroken would cause it to go in a respring loop/dfu mode. Now it wont let us do anything with it, when i try restore in iTunes it tries to restore me to 6.1.4 for some reason but then gives an error code (3294?) saying it wont work.

Im sure there's a way to fix this so we can just have a normal ipad on any software version with no jailbreak. But how??? Ive tried going into redsn0w and doing the recovery fix. It said it was doing a minor recovery fix or something but still no joy.

basically we just want it out of recovery mode and back into a working ipad on any software.

Any help would be amazing. Thanks guys.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Place iPad in dfu mode and restore as new thru iTunes. If you are unsure how, click the link in my signature for step by step guide

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Place iPad in dfu mode and restore as new thru iTunes. If you are unsure how, click the link in my signature for step by step guide

It wont let me restore, thats my point, lol. When i try it says its also going to update me to 6.1.4??? surely it should be updating me to ios7? But then it just fails anyway when trying to contact the servers to verify with apple. Error code 3294

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It wont let me restore, thats my point, lol. When i try it says its also going to update me to 6.1.4??? surely it should be updating me to ios7? But then it just fails anyway when trying to contact the servers to verify with apple. Error code 3294

Can you download the latest ipsw file for your device via iClarifed? I'm not on my computer so I don't have the exact link handy. If or when you download it to your computer, go back into DFU mode and press either the options key or the shift key (depending on your computer) while also pressing the restore button to direct iTunes to the ipsw file you just downloaded.

bujamamama

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My daughter's ipad stuck in recovery mode after she hit the update notifiction...we want to know a way to fix it without losing the data...pictures,etc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zijinqingqing555