help grandma update ipad 2

drschuk1

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My grandkid passed me his ipad 2. it was jB'd Grand kid is touring India. I got message "upgrade to 6** available for this device when i turned it on this AM so i said OK. got a pic of USB cable pointing to iTunes icon. Took me 2 hrs to figure out (realize that it meant plug ipad into Mac. now mac says "iTunes has detected an iPad in recvery mode. you must resore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes." Help what do I do now?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My grandkid passed me his ipad 2. it was jB'd Grand kid is touring India. I got message "upgrade to 6** available for this device when i turned it on this AM so i said OK. got a pic of USB cable pointing to iTunes icon. Took me 2 hrs to figure out (realize that it meant plug ipad into Mac. now mac says "iTunes has detected an iPad in recvery mode. you must resore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes." Help what do I do now?

Select "restore". Make sure you're connected to the Internet via your Mac. iTunes will download and install the latest iOS version. It may or may not backup the current contents of the device. After the process is complete, follow the on-screen setup.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have any further questions on what to do you have chosen the right forum to come to and we will give you all the assistance you need. Welcome.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2