Damage to iPad2 w/ 3G

Jason Smith2

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday afternoon I was using my favorite toy and I noticed a crack at the top on the plastic bit. I did a bit of digging but came back empty handed on repairing it. I do know it is exclusive to the 3G models. Anyone ever had this happen ? and if so did you get it repaired and where ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that cracks just appear for no apparent reason on many 3G model iPad 2s? If so, I find that hard to believe. To be honest, I've never read or heard of such a thing happening until I read your post. Is it possible that you or someone else could have accidentally damaged it, especially while transporting it?

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
No, I believe the OP is saying the black plastic piece is exclusive to 3G models, *not* that there is a cracking issue with them.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I believe the OP is saying the black plastic piece is exclusive to 3G models, *not* that there is a cracking issue with them.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh okay. Thank you...:)....Merry Christmas

Jason Smith2

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I was specifically talking about my own iPad. Somehow it got damaged, and all I was interested in was whether or not anyone else had a similar problem, if they repaired it and where.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Are you saying that cracks just appear for no apparent reason on many 3G model iPad 2s? If so, I find that hard to believe. To be honest, I've never read or heard of such a thing happening until I read your post. Is it possible that you or someone else could have accidentally damaged it, especially while transporting it?

You never know is could be a stress crack. Just like many iPhone 3G and 3G's had over time near the bottom screws without people dropping them. My wife's 3GS had stress cracks and hers was in mint condition otherwise. So yeah it could happen.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You never know is could be a stress crack. Just like many iPhone 3G and 3G's had over time near the bottom screws without people dropping them. My wife's 3GS had stress cracks and hers was in mint condition otherwise. So yeah it could happen.

I understand. I've never experienced it so this is all news to me. Merry Christmas to you and your family, by the way. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods