Does it matter if the iPad mini cannibalizes iPad sales?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I found an article that I thought was quite interesting that asks the following question:

Does it matter if the iPad mini cannibalizes iPad sales?

My answer is "No". The iPad 2, the New iPad, the iPad Mini and the 4th Generation iPad are all Apple products which means that Apple is making money regardless of which of its devices you purchase. What say you?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Do you agree?

Yep, $$ is $$, regardless of which device it comes from. It make take away a little bit of sales but not as drastic as everyone thinks.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Do you agree?

I think the market is big enough to accomodate both products, some people will prefer the beefier and bigger iPad 4, others are willing to sacrifice this for portability and get the mini..

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Do you agree?

I think Apple's big concern is that cannibalizes the Android market, not their own.

That said, price (as ever with Apple) may prove to be deciding issue for tablet users. Apple users will pay the Tax and buy whichever iPad best suits their mobile needs, but encouraging new users to a device that may cost a little under twice the price of the competition may be a harder sell. Twas always thus.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods