iTunes ringtones to iPad2

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the older iPad2, running iOS 5.1.1. She has two ringtones in iTunes, that she would like to put into her iPad. Is this possible? I've tried everything that i remember, and i can't get it to sync the ringtones. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.:confused:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the older iPad2, running iOS 5.1.1. She has two ringtones in iTunes, that she would like to put into her iPad. Is this possible? I've tried everything that i remember, and i can't get it to sync the ringtones. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.:confused:

Just the most obvious one:

Make sure you have TONES set to sync... Mine is, and I have all of my tones on my New iPad (aka 3). Since iPad2 does FaceTime, I don't know why ringtones would not sync.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just the most obvious one:

Make sure you have TONES set to sync... Mine is, and I have all of my tones on my New iPad (aka 3). Since iPad2 does FaceTime, I don't know why ringtones would not sync.

I don't know too much about her iPad, but i have tones set to sync. Maybe i need a step by step. Are there any settings within the iPad itself, that i need to turn on?:confused:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know too much about her iPad, but i have tones set to sync. Maybe i need a step by step. Are there any settings within the iPad itself, that i need to turn on?:confused:

Not that I am aware of or that I changed.

Plug the iPad into your computer and in iTunes click on the entry on the left sidebar for the iPad... that should show you the SUMMARY page. To the right of SUMMARY you should see the TONES tab. Click that and make sure that you/she has the SYNC TONES checked and then either ALL TONES or SELECTED TONES. Click APPLY in the lower right corner of the iTunes screen, followed by SYNC. That should do it.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Not that I am aware of or that I changed.

Plug the iPad into your computer and in iTunes click on the entry on the left sidebar for the iPad... that should show you the SUMMARY page. To the right of SUMMARY you should see the TONES tab. Click that and make sure that you/she has the SYNC TONES checked and then either ALL TONES or SELECTED TONES. Click APPLY in the lower right corner of the iTunes screen, followed by SYNC. That should do it.

Tried it, and it doesn't work. At the bottom of the "tones" page is a capacity screen. The audio box opens when i sync, then disappears when sync is finished.:confused:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Tried it, and it doesn't work. At the bottom of the "tones" page is a capacity screen. The audio box opens when i sync, then disappears when sync is finished.:confused:

Not sure what to tell you... it has worked for me. The Apply button should be in the same area as the Sync button to the right of the capacity information. After clicking the Sync Tones, you should see 2 buttons to the right of the capacity thingy: Apply and Revert. When you click Apply, those buttons will be replaced with Sync.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what to tell you... it has worked for me. The Apply button should be in the same area as the Sync button to the right of the capacity information. After clicking the Sync Tones, you should see 2 buttons to the right of the capacity thingy: Apply and Revert. When you click Apply, those buttons will be replaced with Sync.

Thanks anyway. She says that it's no big deal, so i'm forgetting about it.:rolleyes:

ilan0312

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
g.gif
Mine is, and I have all of my tones on my New iPad (aka 3). Since iPad2 does FaceTime, I don't know why ringtones would not sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro