Hi All:

When i create an email on my ipad2, and I attempt to type a recipient, a particular email address recipient comes up automatically as an option . That person/ recipient is not in my contacts but autocorrect includes it as an option. This is a major problem because that individual has the same first name as myself and my brother-in-law and I don not want any emails intended to be sent to us to go to this individual by error.

I dealt with this individual once in a deal and hope to never have any contact with him again. I sent him one email from my ipad2 and now he comes up every time I attempt to send an email to myself or my brother-in-law.

Is there a way to delete him from the email app so that his name does not come up as a potential recipient. Again, he is not in my contacts. It is almst as if it is coming up as an autocorrect.

Thanks for your help.
    05-22-2012 02:23 PM
    It ain't easy... Gadgets Apps Hacks: Clearing out recent email addresses from iPad covers it. It's the "recently used address list".... and they don't make it possible to clear that list in any easy, known way I've been able to find.

Revised... Go here: iBackupBot - iTunes Backup Manager for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Download for your OS - mac or Windows & install...

Hook up your iOS device to your computer and do a back-up... then, close iTunes... open icopybot installed earlier, in there - navigate to your last back-up.... use icopybot to delete the "recently used addresses list" -- then fire up iTunes, and restore from the back-up and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by kch50428; 05-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    05-22-2012 02:40 PM
    Thanks, thats similar to what apple said. Its not worth messing with it for one pesky address but this is a flaw in the email app.
    05-22-2012 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD