Goodbye Blackberry - hello Apple!

lpsoldier301#IM

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm a current BB users and I just bought my parents an iPad 2 for a retirement gift. I'm going to play around with it and help them set it up and May be I will jump the ship too since more and more users are doing it. My company switched from BBs to iPhones and many other companies even government agencies are doing so. I am becoming greatly concerned with RIM and it's either sink or swim for them this year with BB10. I'm pulling for them not because of the sole reason that I have a BB but mainly because competition is good for consumers. I had the iPhone 4 for a couple weeks when VZW first got it and I returned it due to certain things I didn't like about the OS. However, OS 5 answered a lot of my dislikes. I hoping OS 6 will do so as well.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I'm the opposite of everybody in this thread. I want to try out the BB9930 because it's a really nice phone. I may use my upgrade for it since I already have a 4S.

sonyscaria

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Same case here, i have moved from playbook to ipad. Playbook is horrible and i never switched on that after i receive my ipad. Ahh btw i dont remeber where i thrown it.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Same case here, i have moved from playbook to ipad. Playbook is horrible and i never switched on that after i receive my ipad. Ahh btw i dont remeber where i thrown it.
I agree the playbook is terrible! I had it 1 day and returned it. Switched from the 9900 to a 4s and a new iPad and will not be looking back. I don't know why I waited so long.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I officially switched. :)

iPhone 4S -White 16GB

Checking out iPad surely this year, more likely fall time.

Still keeping PlayBook as my 19 month old loves it. lol.

On the block to see what BB10 brings, but I have tried many flavors of Android, but I want simple and I think the iPhone will do that. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: But then you just own a iPad 1, right?

Used to, I sold it for 300, might get the 7 inch if and when it comes out! Right now I'm broke and consolidating. Interested in a Galaxy Tab Plus? LOL! I still have a ipod touch thou 4th gen.

Djaker

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard the Apple Express! LOL

Good thing you crossed over.. apps/games can be limited in BB.. :D
Fun apps like Tiny Tower, Temple Run, Propeller Dog are not on BB.. (BOO!)

pinkvikchick

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the bold 9930 and iPad 2, and thought I would try the 4s. Good combo with the iPad, but missed a lot of things about my blackberry bold 9930. (not the camera, though!!!). Went back to a torch (way better camera than the 9930, but not as good as the 4s!!!) love it, and now, for me, my iPad and torch go everywhere. Perfect combo for me.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Lumia more than my iPhone lately. However the jailbreak is bringing me back lol

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Welcome. You'll be happy with your decision. I did the same thing 2 years ago. I still use all the BlackBerry products for work and they are good, but Apple products are better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73