Bunch of questions about eReader apps/online books...

1) What file format(s) can eBooks be?

2) Which file formats correspond to which eReader apps?

3) What eReader apps can read the largest variety of file formats?

4) If I buy a book using one app (say I by a book using the stock app, iBooks), can I get it to show up in a different eReader app (like kindle or nook)?

5) If the same eBook can be opened in different apps, will annotations/notes written in one app show up in another?

6) What's everyone's favorite eReader app?

TIA
    05-07-2012 09:39 AM
    1: E-book formats: MobileRead Wiki - E-book formats
    2: E-book software/apps: MobileRead Wiki - E-book software
    And think you could find many other info from the wiki site.
    05-07-2012 10:02 PM
    As it stands right now, with the exception of .pub and .pdf and .txt files, none of the e-readers can interpret a competitor's e-book format. Naturally, they want to make it so that you can only purchase products specifically for their products. I could be mistaken, though.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-07-2012 10:36 PM
    1: E-book formats: MobileRead Wiki - E-book formats
    2: E-book software/apps: MobileRead Wiki - E-book software
    And think you could find many other info from the wiki site.
    Thank you.

So I see that both bluefire and iBooks support .ePUB format. Is there anyway to get books purchased in iBooks to show up in bluefire, or visa-versa? What if I have an ePUB file on my computer, is there any way to put that in iBooks/

TIA
    05-08-2012 12:10 AM
    You cannot read paid ePub iBooks on other devices, as they are protected with a DRM scheme.

iBooks will read any other non protected ePub books however. You can load them thru iTunes.
    05-08-2012 07:35 AM
    You cannot read paid ePub iBooks on other devices, as they are protected with a DRM scheme.

iBooks will read any other non protected ePub books however. You can load them thru iTunes.
    Great thanks
    05-08-2012 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD