Flash Player for iPad2

JetJock79

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone......new on here and you all have been such a great help so far. I was searching for a good flash player/browser for my new iPad2. All the posts are from 2011, and most of the reviews for each browser seem to have negative posts recently regarding their updates. I'm looking for a macro media flash player app or browser that will support a website that I use for work that is used for training (each page seems to be in flash), and also something that would support something like southparkstudios.com. Any suggestions? Thanks all..........LOVE this iPad!! Such a great purchase!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You have to get one of those browsers, they each have positives and negatives, and all sell for around 3 to 5. I use Skyfire.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Slightly overkill perhaps, but if you have Flash programs on your computer (not just in browser), you could use Splashtop - installed on your iPad and Computer, you can fully access your desktop on your iPad.
Open and run your favorite browser, flash application or other program.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Slightly overkill perhaps, but if you have Flash programs on your computer (not just in browser), you could use Splashtop - installed on your iPad and Computer, you can fully access your desktop on your iPad.
Open and run your favorite browser, flash application or other program.

Having used Splashtop on my PlayBook, and PC, it's a good solution, HOWEVER it works best when both devices are on the same wifi network, on 3G, or another wifi network, it CAN get laggy for streamed video content.

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Skyfire. Unless you are going to jailbreak it PK is right you're going to have to pick one of those apps. The other thing is a vnc app to connect to you're own computer so it can run the multimedia and serve it up for your iPad.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Why would I need Puffin? I'm new to the Ipad2 so I am able to watch You Tube videos fine. What other types of videos would need Flash? ;-)

Flash is not about the Youtube videos only. May be the flash sites, as someone has mentioned the south park studio site, could be the desired stuff to view. Skyfire can work well for this as well as puffin can also do quite well as already mentioned by our friends here!

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Swifter but not really liking it. It lags and its not smooth at all. The video comes out ok but when I'm on sites, the quality is sub par. Are Puffin and Skyfire much better?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Photon on my iPhone and it works nicely. I need to watch flash training videos on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; typos courtesy of autocorrect.

zunex

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I used Puffin Free before, I think it's decent choice though, not smooth also. Viewing flash with iPad is really a tough experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2