New User need help please

karand

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my Ipad2 and I am already in trouble. I put pictures on my Ipad2 from my computer and I uploaded too many and some I don't want.

Can someone please take pity on me and tell me how in the world do you get pictures to delete??

I have searched and searched the web, the user guide and I can't find anything to help me. My computer is a PC in case you think you may be able to help me.

Please tell me there is an Ipad for dummies somewhere...

Thanks so much,
Karan:eek:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For pictures that are synced from your pc, you need to remove them from the folder on your pc first, and then sync the folder to your iPad again.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The way iTunes syncs pictures is like this-

When on your computer you make a folder in Pictures, let us call it ?Baby Birthday Party?. When you open iTunes it will look where you tell it and see a folder called ?Baby Birthday Party?. If you check off that this is one of the folders you wish to sync it will then sync all pictures from within that folder to your iPad2.
Remember, if you ever make any changes to that folder on your computer the next time you sync your iPad2 it will copy over whatever changes you made. (Ex would be: You originally had a picture titled Baby 01, in the "Baby Birthday Party" folder. If you delete that picture from the folder on your computer, the next time you sync your iPad2, iTunes will also delete it from your iPad2.

Now here is an annoying part. iTunes cannot distinguish sub-folders. (There may be an app that can do it, but iTunes cannot). So if you have a folder called "Baby Pictures? and then inside that folder you have Baby Birthday Party, Baby Shower, Baby At The Beach, iTunes will lump all of the pictures into a folder called ?Baby Pictures?

There is an iPad for dummies book which can be found at Amazon (here is the linky)
Amazon.com: iPad 2 For Dummies (9781118176795): Edward C. Baig, Bob LeVitus: Books

In addition, Apple has the iPad User Guide which you can download into iBooks. If you want to view the manual on your computer here is the link-
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Hope this helped a bit.

:)

Last edited:

karand

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
New user need help please

OMG thank you guys sooo much, that makes so much sense. My husband bought the Ipad2 for me and I had never even used an Ipod before so I am not experienced at all.

I should have made a folder of just the pictures I wanted to upload instead of uploading entire files randomly.

Well I better get started picking and sorting.

Thanks again

Karan

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice