App Store

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Does the internet work? Can you go to Websites on Safari?

Did the App Store work while you were at the Apple Store?
Does the internet work? Yes Can you go to Websites on Safari? Yes

Did the App Store work while you were at the Apple Store? No. I get a message saying "your request could not be completed" and I get a blank screen. When I sign out the app store on my iPad 2 works but when I sign in to download something the app store does not and I get that message and blank screen I told you about. Hope this is better for you

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does the internet work? Yes Can you go to Websites on Safari? Yes

Did the App Store work while you were at the Apple Store? No. I get a message saying "your request could not be completed" and I get a blank screen. When I sign out the app store on my iPad 2 works but when I sign in to download something the app store does not and I get that message and blank screen I told you about. Hope this is better for you

If it only happens when your signed in its a apple id / account problem .. Email apple they can help or if you have never used it because of this issue try creating a new one

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already, set up a new Apple ID by going to the Apple website via a computer. When you're done,logout of the App store on your idevice and then login with your new Apple ID and see if you can purchase anything or do what you were trying to do with your previous ID.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already, set up a new Apple ID by going to the Apple website via a computer. When you're done,logout of the App store on your idevice and then login with your new Apple ID and see if you can purchase anything or do what you were trying to do with your previous ID.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)
Did that still nothing

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which version of the iPad do you have?

A. 1st generation iPad 3G & WiFi
B. 1st generation iPad WiFi Only
C. iPad 2 3G & WiFi
D. iPad 2 WiFi Only

If it is a 3G model, is the problem occurring while connected via 3G, WiFi or both?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Which version of the iPad do you have?

A. 1st generation iPad 3G & WiFi
B. 1st generation iPad WiFi Only
C. iPad 2 3G & WiFi
D. iPad 2 WiFi Only

If it is a 3G model, is the problem occurring while connected via 3G, WiFi or both?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)
iPad 2 3G & WiFi. It Naples with both

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Now, do you have another idevice...either another iPad or an iPhone? If so, is that device using the same Apple ID and are you successful in perusing & purchasing via the App Store?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Now, do you have another idevice...either another iPad or an iPhone? If so, is that device using the same Apple ID and are you successful in perusing & purchasing via the App Store?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)
It works great on my iPhone 4 but not my iPad 2

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It works great on my iPhone 4 but not my iPad 2

If it works on your iPhone using the same Apple ID then it is safe to assume that whatever iOS version you are using on the iPad has been corrupted. I mean, you've done a full reset and restore as new, you've signed out and back into the App Store, you emailed Apple as well as tried other things. By the way, what iOS version are you using? If it is not iOS 5.1, try upgrading to it and see if that fixes the problem. If you are using the latest iOS version, then I would take the iPad to a nearby Apple Store to have it repaired or switched out.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If it works on your iPhone using the same Apple ID then it is safe to assume that whatever iOS version you are using on the iPad has been corrupted. I mean, you've done a full reset and restore as new, you've signed out and back into the App Store, you emailed Apple as well as tried other things. By the way, what iOS version are you using? If it is not iOS 5.1, try upgrading to it and see if that fixes the problem. If you are using the latest iOS version, then I would take the iPad to a nearby Apple Store to have it repaired or switched out.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
iOS 5.1 and have been to my nearby Apple Store3 times and there is nothing that they can do they said

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if you've already done this, but I'd be at that store trying to prove that it's either a hardware issue or a corrupt operating system and demanding that they fix it. I would show them that I could gain access to the App Store and make purchases using the iPhone running the same OS, but after doing everything you were instructed to do by Apple geniuses, your issue is still not resolved and due to no fault of your own, saying that nothing can be done is unacceptable. Send an email to Tim Cook, send an actual letter to the manager of the Apple Store you visited and include the problem, when it occurred, how many times you visited the Apple geniuses, what you were told to do and the outcome of each visit and instruction. Now, to be fair, you stated that this has been happening from the day you bought your iPad. I know hindsight is 20/20 and you've concluded that you should have taken the item back to where you purchased it and exchanged it for a new one that very same day.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if you've already done this, but I'd be at that store trying to prove that it's either a hardware issue or a corrupt operating system and demanding that they fix it. I would show them that I could gain access to the App Store and make purchases using the iPhone running the same OS, but after doing everything you were instructed to do by Apple geniuses, your issue is still not resolved and due to no fault of your own, saying that nothing can be done is unacceptable. Send an email to Tim Cook, send an actual letter to the manager of the Apple Store you visited and include the problem, when it occurred, how many times you visited the Apple geniuses, what you were told to do and the outcome of each visit and instruction. Now, to be fair, you stated that this has been happening from the day you bought your iPad. I know hindsight is 20/20 and you've concluded that you should have taken the item back to where you purchased it and exchanged it for a new one that very same day.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)
My Apple store does not reply back to emails. I don't know Tim Cooks email. I talked to Apple store manger and he said we cannot give you a new iPad because you did not buy it from an Apple Store. So know what. I also told him about all my vists and he said is there anything more we can do and I said yes my App store problem, why can I not get on but I can get on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1 but why not my iPad 2

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My Apple store does not reply back to emails. I don't know Tim Cooks email. I talked to Apple store manger and he said we cannot give you a new iPad because you did not buy it from an Apple Store. So know what. I also told him about all my vists and he said is there anything more we can do and I said yes my App store problem, why can I not get on but I can get on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1 but why not my iPad 2

Tim Cook's email address is:

tcook@apple.com

and according to

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/pre...o-Answer-Your-Email-128823808.html?fullSite=y,

he tries to respond to email messages within 3 days. As for the Apple Store not being able to provide you with another iPad because you didn't purchase your current one from an Apple Store, I'm not sure I believe it. I mean, I purchased my IPhone 4S and my daughter's iPhone 4 from Verizon and AT&T and yet, I can go to one of the 2 Apple Stores here in Orlando and exchange them if need be and you can best believe if my iPad 2 starts malfunctioning, I will be inside an Apple Store pushing to have it exchanged if they couldn't repair it. Anyway, I'm sorry you've had to endure such frustrations from your Apple product and I'm sure it has taken away from your user experience. You now have Tim Cook's email address so you might as well send him an email message. What do you have to lose? Take care and good luck, my friend. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

At this point, i don't consider your problem a legit one. No apple store manager is going to tell you this.

All iOS devices come with one year warranties that apple stores support regardless of where you purchased it.

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Still not working

No world from Tim Cook, Apple Care, My Nearest Apple Store. My problem is still on going... Whet to my nearest Apple store and got help but they could not find a problem with it so they sent me on my way? So what now can I do

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
At this point, i don't consider your problem a legit one. No apple store manager is going to tell you this.

All iOS devices come with one year warranties that apple stores support regardless of where you purchased it.

Exactly this would never happen apple is the manufacture period don't matter where you buy it. ...

usher2005

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Exactly this would never happen apple is the manufacture period don't matter where you buy it. ...

But it's true.. You guys were not with me when I went to the Apple store. So how do you know that the manger did not say it, but when he did say it. I heard it with my own two ears so there.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But it's true.. You guys were not with me when I went to the Apple store. So how do you know that the manger did not say it, but when he did say it. I heard it with my own two ears so there.

May I ask how old you are?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice