Purchasing book on kobo app?

SkyBaby2

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Can I do this from my iPad through the app? How do I do it? A google search with various combinations of keywords turned up nothing useful. I just finished Eldest of Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle and need to get the next book.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's like the nook reader app, all it does is allow you to read your purchased books. I have a separate Barnes & Noble store app for purchases unless I do it from my Nook Simple Touch device. Having just visited the Kobo website, it states the following regarding the Kobo app for iPad:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ipad

[Shop and read on the go with Kobo on your iPad! Choose from over 2.3 million books including today's bestsellers and over 1 million engaging free classics. Plus, stay on top of current events with newspapers and magazines delivered right to your iPad.]

As you can see, it states that you can shop with the app. Whether that's true, I don't know.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

SkyBaby2

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Upon doing some reading, seems that feature has been turned off. If I buy the book on my computer from Kobo.com will I be able to put it on my iPad that way? I just want the book. They sure are making that difficult lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya, my friend. Unfortunately, I do not have a Kobo reader to say for certain, but I would like to think that whatever you buy via the Kobo bookstore will show up on your Kobo reader app on whatever device you may have. That's how it is with the Nook and Kindle apps.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Originally, the Kobo app allowed you to buy direct from it, but then Apple changed the rules (they wanted a cut of the purchase price) and Kobo went off 'in-app purchases'.

You can access the Kobo bookstore via the browser - and if you like, add a shortcut icon to your iDevice. A purchase there - once downloaded into your account - will sync with the Kobo app the next time you open it.

Slightly convoluted (thanks Apple) but it all works fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73