How Many iPad Users Have An Android Phone?

area52

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been using android since the og Droid days. I could never give up this os. All devices will have some short comings. What keeps me on android is the limitless possibilities when it comes to customizing the device.
That being said I now have an ipad2 and love that as well. For a tablet the iOS is great but if it came down to one or the other I would grab my galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

AJErvin12

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 that I have had since launch and recently made the switch from BlackBerry to an Android Galaxy S II (AT&T) which I absolutely love. I've had the phone for about three months. The reason I have made these choices are fairly simple at least for me. After careful consideration I realized the iPad is simply unmatched as it relates to being integrated into our lives. When you look at schools, medical, and so on the iPad has continued to prove to be the best device for helping make our lives better. I've even considered getting one for my girls after the recent announcement of textbooks on the iPad. However, the overwhelming dominance of the iPad in the tablet market and the aforementioned integration is the only reason I own an Apple device. Having an Android device that I love makes it possible for me to have the integration that I desire without getting an iPhone. I have no issues with syncing. I have been able to sync my email, contacts, and calendar on both devices and it absolutely works for me.

Last edited:

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
The reason I have made these choices are fairly simple at least for me. After careful consideration I realized the iPad is simply unmatched as it relates being integrated into our lives. When you look at schools, medical, and so on the iPad is has continued to prove to be the best device for helping make our lives better.

this is exactly how I felt after trying numerous Android tablets. even the Asus TF Prime being the most advanced android tablet for today leaves a lot to be desired... so i ended up returning it and ordering another ipad for myself. i love android phones but the tablets are horrible. so i'm looking forward for an ipad 3 announcement!

ziffos

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I want to preface this by saying that I'm one of the few that completely loves both iOS and Android, and if my wife would let me (and if it was easier to swap phones on VZW) I would have an Android phone and an iPhone all the time and pick and choose depending on my mood of the day.

Preface #2: I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, an iPhone 4S, a Kindle Fire, and I have an iPad 2 that I got rather cheap in a trade deal. I'm having a great deal of difficulty deciding which ones to keep. I know most of you here would say sell the Nexus and the Fire. But, right now I'm looking at keeping the Nexus, the Fire, and the iPad, and selling the 4S. I love the Nexus and the 4S (and I think that if you're in the market for a new phone and don't pick a Nexus or a 4S, you're on drugs), but I'm not sure I want to give up 4G capability and the tether app that lets me tether the iPad and Fire to my Nexus. Plus, pure ICS is a HUGE step in the right direction for Android. When explaining it to people, I say it's the Android iPhone. :D The Fire is great for its portability and I love reading books on it. And as most of you know, the iPad is the best overall tablet in the game. But it really is an insanely tough decision.

Anyway, on to my question (s):

How many of you out there have an Android phone as your daily phone and have an iPad that you use frequently?

I'm also wanting to know if you think life would be easier with an iPhone and an iPad or if the two different ecosystems work for you?

Or do you wish you stuck with an Android phone and an Android tablet?

Just really any and all opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have an iPad 2 (used to have an Asus Transformer) - and I love my Android phones (Google Nexus S and HTC Wildfire S)

ddthld

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same questions too! Then my family dropped a 32GB iPad 2 on me for my birthday/Christmas (they are only two weeks apart). Love the iPad and agree that it is probably the best tablet out right now. At the time I got the iPad2, I had a Sony Xperia Play and a Droid Pro. I eventually sold/traded and ended up with my wifes OG Droid and she got a nice used Droid Incredible. Christmas came and my two older kids got iPod Touches. I finally broke two weeks ago (and after much debate and many trips to VZW) and an iP4s (Black, 16GB). I think that eventually all devices in my house will be Apple, but I do like Widows, Linux, Android and WebOS, so I'll have a spare of something.

So for all of this rambling...I did do Android and iPad2 and had no issues. I just wanted a new phone that wasn't the size of a 5 inch tablet. I do wish that Apple would do a 4 inch iPhone and 7 inchish iPad!

sbddude

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to carry both an iPhone and Android everywhere. I love the larger screen and lte that I have on Android. Once I figured out how to resolve battery life (carry a spare) and media remote control (Sony mw600 Bluetooth), I sold the iPhone. I don't miss it because I can still use the iPad for my ios needs. My wife still prefers the iPhone.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to carry both an iPhone and Android everywhere. I line the larger screen and lte that i have on Android. Once I figured out how to resolve battery life (carry a spare) and media remote control (Sony mw600 Bluetooth), I sold the iPhone. I don't miss it because I can still use the iPad for my ios needs. My wife still prefers the iPhone.

I'm solely using an iPhone 4S now, but am strongly debating on getting an Android phone with an iPad 3. What kind of Android do you carry?

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Got a Sony MW600, too. LOVE this and highly recommend it.

I use an iPhone 4 and an iPad 1. My house is Apple-centric: 2 Mac Minis, a MacBook, an AppleTV2, a 2tb Time Capsule, my devices, and a couple of other iPhones. All of our music, movies, TV shows and other media is hooked into iTunes. This arrangement works great for our needs. It's easy to keep all of us in sync, and it saves me a lot of time and effort as the family IT administrator.

But lately, I've been alternating between my iPhone and an LG Quantum (WP7.) In some ways, I really prefer WP7 over iOS at the mobile phone level. This hasn't been too much of a problem so far because I use the iPad and my smartphones for different functions. However, it does "feel" weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbddude

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm solely using an iPhone 4S now, but am strongly debating on getting an Android phone with an iPad 3. What kind of Android do you carry?

HTC vivid. I choose it over the sgs2 due to screen resolution. I'll be considering the galaxy note once the price comes down.

Last edited:

trixnix

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
How about iphone 4 or 4s with ipad 1 or 2? Whats the advantages that you do have both? Syncing? Photostream? What else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nspdx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the 3rd gen ipad with IOS 6, (iPad 2 prior) as does my wife. Also using a Galaxy Note 2 i317. (upgraded from the Note i717, wife has s2) I really like the iPad's smoothness. It is great for simple stuff like web surfing, reading, using as a sign, email, videos etc. I thought about and played with the Asus Transformer Prime when I was upgrading. It just seems like the Android tablets are big phone platforms. The iPad seems to be much more intentionally a tablet. Android tablets just didn't seem to have native apps in the same way, or have that buttery iPad smoothness...

I love the Note 2 for every day, all day use. I have pretty much dialed my Android setup and would not be happy with an iPhone. I like the i317's size(I am 6'2", so bigish hands), configurability and power. I've mostly used custom roms in the past, but so far am happy with the stock Jelly Bean that my phone shipped with. I think that for most people that aren't geeky, IOS (iPhone included) will be easier and more intuitive (like an older person or someone not up to speed with tech). Android updates are slow to non existent for most devices that aren't popular. That's a problem since the OS has been getting much more user friendly lately (ICS and JB) and lots are stuck with GB (or worst). being somewhat of a phone geek myself, I spend a few hours with a new device setting it up the way I like and have a device far superior (in my opinion. Also, I buy the top of the line Android with latest OS's) to an iPhone. (That being said, restoring settings to a new IOS device is waaay easy and that's a good thing! I also appreciate that they have across the board roll outs of new updates.) One of the biggest things for me is how well Google maps and navigation works. (I know there is an update for IOS Google Maps, but Google is going to likely keep their OS more up to date. ie. biking and transit directions and until this month, actual navigation) I also use wifi tethering on the phone (for the iPad) all the time. Even my top of the line Note 2 i317 with the (almost) latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, quad core processor, 2GB of RAM etc. is not as buttery smoothe as an iPhone, (although it is thoroughly adequate), but for me the other strengths more than compensate for this. I also sync data files with Box, Evernote and Google Docs/Calander, etc. So, no problem there.

My dad, on the other hand has the iPhone 5 and a Nexus tablet with 4.2 JB... To each their own!

Last edited:

bulvine420

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a galaxy nexus and just got a nexus 7 but had a chance to buy a like new ipad2 for 230 bucks. Was going to sell iPad for profit but after playing with it for 2 days I was hooked iPad is the king of tablets the apps are way better but as phones go I have played with iPhone 5 but its just to plane of a phone to go back from an android my next phone will be a note 2 when the price gos down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 i use everyday for general surfing at home, a galaxy note for my main phone and a Nexus i take with me for watching films on the go.

Ben_Trovato

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's easier having an iPhone and ipad. I like android on the phone and also iOS but on tablets I just like the ipad better than the other tablets. I think you can get by on different device more than fine but if you want to do something to take advantage of the ecosystem then that's where it makes sense.

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I am a big Android guy, and also have an ipad 3rd generation, and an imac 2010. I can appreciate what you are trying to do and I can appreciate someone trying to get the best of both android and ios.

What I'm planning on doing to accomplish this is to get rid of my S3 and replace it with an iphone 5, and stay close to android with my Nexus 7.

This way I will always have the latest and greatest from Apple and the same for Android.

Even the GNex was hampered by Verizon, and I can't switch networks so that's the main reason I'm ditching the S3, the completely broken update process from Google.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's easier having an iPhone and ipad. I like android on the phone and also iOS but on tablets I just like the ipad better than the other tablets. I think you can get by on different device more than fine but if you want to do something to take advantage of the ecosystem then that's where it makes sense.

I disagree actually. There are significant advantages to being within the same ecosystem, and that's part of all of these companies' plans. iMessage, photostream, shared apps, itunes match... all that stuff and more i would miss tremendously if I went with an android device as my daily driver. And this is coming from someone who's owned every flagship android phone in the last two years. I find they're fun to play with, but when I want something dependable to just get things done on, I always go with my iOS devices.