When to sell iPad 2 for iPad 3?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My apologies if this has been asked recently, however I didn't see another thread. Anyone know when existing iPad 2 owners should sell their iPad's in order to buy the 3? I am thinking before the announcement? How is selling something like this on Craigslist?

I am thinking the risks go way up, being an Apple product?

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My apologies if this has been asked recently, however I didn't see another thread. Anyone know when existing iPad 2 owners should sell their iPad's in order to buy the 3? I am thinking before the announcement? How is selling something like this on Craigslist?

I am thinking the risks go way up, being an Apple product?

What I do with the iPhone is (and I would apply the same to the iPad). I sell my old one straight after I get the new one. The prices for the old models are still has much as they would be if they were sold before a new model was released. That's what my experience has been when it comes to selling old iPhones. iPad's, iPhone's have a really good second hand value IMO.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
What I do with the iPhone is (and I would apply the same to the iPad). I sell my old one straight after I get the new one. The prices for the old models are still has much as they would be if they were sold before a new model was released. That's what my experience has been when it comes to selling old iPhones. iPad's, iPhone's have a really good second hand value IMO.

Thanks for your reply. However, wouldn't an interested buyer be looking for an iPad 3 once its released? I'm thinking the vast majority will want to sell their iPad 2's along the announcement of the iPad 3?

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. However, wouldn't an interested buyer be looking for an iPad 3 once its released?

Not necessarily. Not everyone has the funds for a brand new model or is that bothered if they have the older model, having the older model means they can own a piece of tech that normally would be out of their reach.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily. Not everyone has the funds for a brand new model or is that bothered if they have the older model, having the older model means they can own a piece of tech that normally would be out of their reach.

Thanks for your advice. Hopefully come April or May the iPad 2 will still have a good value.

I say April or May because I know it will be very hard to get an ipad 3 around launch. ):

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I know it will be very hard to get an ipad 3 around launch. ):

I know with the iPhone's, its possible to pre order one on the Apple site shortly after the new one's are announced by Apple. I expect it should be possible to do the same with the iPad. :)

When I got my 4S, I pre ordered it has soon as the pre order date arrived, I then received it on the launch day. :)

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I know with the iPhone's, its possible to pre order one on the Apple site shortly after the new one's are announced by Apple. I expect it should be possible to do the same with the iPad. :)

When I got my 4S, I pre ordered it has soon as the pre order date arrived, I then received it on the launch day. :)

I also pre-ordered my 4s and received it on launch day but it was a major pain. Apple's site wouldn't work and it took me near a dozen times to finally get my order in with AT&T. Oh and not to mention a good 3.5 hrs later. I was up til 5am that night lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR