How long do you think the iPad 2 will last/be supported?

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I know the hardware of the iPad 2 will last as long as it's taken care of, but what does everyone think about how long it will be supported or usable on the app store? Will it be useless in 2 years like the iphones that can't keep up with processing newer os's, making the app store unusable?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It will be usable of course and my guess is will get OS updates through iOS 7 if past history says anything.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
iPad 1 support started on iOS 3, and it's still being supported right now so my guess is iOS 7 as well

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It will be usable of course and my guess is will get OS updates through iOS 7 if past history says anything.

Agreed it should work with updates for at least almost 2 yrs, then after that it will still work, you just won't get the latest apple ios features....which by then most people will have upgraded just for those new features.

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm probably buying an iPad 2 in the next week or so, and really don't care or want to wait for the ipad 3 (whenever or whatever that will be). I've waited a year since selling my iPad 1 (needed some quick cash for a car repair). I just wanted to get some input on how long it's expected to be usable. Seems like it will be (usable) for quite a while. I don't really want or need a new computer, even though my 4 year old toshiba laptop is getting old, the addition of an iPad to the house should keep us able to go online and play games for a couple of years.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It makes me sad to think of the day my iPad 1 will have to be retired. It looks and acts like brand new!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It makes me sad to think of the day my iPad 1 will have to be retired. It looks and acts like brand new!

This is all that matters. You don't have to get rid of it just because updates won't be available for it in the future. As long as you aren't having any issues with it, keep it. I think Apple will still be supporting the iPad 1 for a while longer anyway.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73