A couple small complaints about the iPad 2

SkyBaby2

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Over all, I love it. I love how it displays pictures, love the user interface, and lots more stuff. It's a great little gadget and fun to play with and use.

I have some tiny issues though.

~ Such a short charging cable! It's a full foot or so shorter than the average cell phone wall charger. It makes usage during wall charging a bit difficult. I had that same issue with the first generation iPhone I had for a few months. It was impossible to talk and charge at the same time. I can understand why it's so short, as it's easier to deal with a short usb cable than a long one when you plug it into the computer. Does apple make a charging cable as long as a standard cellphone wall charger cable? I don't care if it's usb or not. A dedicated wall charger that's long enough to allow for easy usage during charging is ok by me.

~Trying to select between words either to add or delete something in a sentence I just typed up. I'm making due with zooming way in to select what I want to select then zooming back out so I can easier read what I type as I type it. Given this is a very tiny complaint, but is there a better way to do this?

The wall charger cable issue is pretty important to me, as I like to be able to use and charge at the same time if I want to. I don't do it all the time, but I like having the option.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Buy a replacement (longer) sync/charge cable. That will solve your first issue.

The second issue is pretty much dependent on where you're typing. Is it a website, an app? Either way, you may get better results by using landscape, which automatically makes things larger.

SkyBaby2

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Buy a replacement (longer) sync/charge cable. That will solve your first issue.

The second issue is pretty much dependent on where you're typing. Is it a website, an app? Either way, you may get better results by using landscape, which automatically makes things larger.

I'll find a different cable to use on eBay or some place. I type in landscape almost exclusively. Thanks for the advice!

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just use a regular household extension cord. And you don't have to zoom, just hold your finger where you want to go and a magnifier appears.

SkyBaby2

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Just use a regular household extension cord. And you don't have to zoom, just hold your finger where you want to go and a magnifier appears.

I'll need to pick up an extension cord.. cuz I'm not finding longer ones. I had no idea about the magnifier! I just tried it and worked like a charm! Thanks very much for the suggestions!!!

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the charger cable length. I bought a 6 ft sync usb cable for under 2 dollars on ebay that works just fine. Look into that :)

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The iPad doesn't charge when plugged into the computer, it needs the wall adapter. So you might as well just use a regular household extension cord and plug the adapter into it to give you the extra length.

SkyBaby2

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The iPad doesn't charge when plugged into the computer, it needs the wall adapter. So you might as well just use a regular household extension cord and plug the adapter into it to give you the extra length.

I will pick up an extension cord when im out next. That method sounds like it would work just fine for me.

Toni1

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've also been annoyed with the typing and trying to hit a certain spot for corrections. Maybe its because I also use Android (HTC Sense) and somehow it seems to respond better and put the cursor in there right away.

I guess I just need to get used to it.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've always travel with an extension cord in my laptop case. Comes in handy at coffee shops.

Also, thanks for the tip on the magnifier.

Good Luck

DulcyMH

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I've also been annoyed with the typing and trying to hit a certain spot for corrections. Maybe its because I also use Android (HTC Sense) and somehow it seems to respond better and put the cursor in there right away.

I guess I just need to get used to it.

I too am VERY frustrated with this... On my IPad 2, I've typed up something (say in Facebook) and want to go back to the beginning of what I typed to change something, but I can't... So far, the only thing that I've been able to do is backspace all the way back to where I want to make the change and then retype... I have tried tapping the screen where I want to go, but it has not worked at all (either with my finger or even a stylus)... I saw the the magnifier thing folks have mentioned, but I was unable to do anything with that for making corrections either...

Maybe I'm too used to using my HTC EVO 4G and the fact there are cursor/arrow keys so that you can move around in your text?! I SO wish that Apple would improve their standard keyboard (especially since they won't allow anyone else to make the software to overwrite it)... I have seen improved keyboards in apps, but then I would have to open that app everytime I want to type, and then copy/paste into Facebook, or even in my mail...

Is it just me and I'm doing something wrong or are other folks having this issue as well?!?! :confused:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I too am VERY frustrated with this... On my IPad 2, I've typed up something (say in Facebook) and want to go back to the beginning of what I typed to change something, but I can't... So far, the only thing that I've been able to do is backspace all the way back to where I want to make the change and then retype... I have tried tapping the screen where I want to go, but it has not worked at all (either with my finger or even a stylus)... I saw the the magnifier thing folks have mentioned, but I was unable to do anything with that for making corrections either...

Maybe I'm too used to using my HTC EVO 4G and the fact there are cursor/arrow keys so that you can move around in your text?! I SO wish that Apple would improve their standard keyboard (especially since they won't allow anyone else to make the software to overwrite it)... I have seen improved keyboards in apps, but then I would have to open that app everytime I want to type, and then copy/paste into Facebook, or even in my mail...

Is it just me and I'm doing something wrong or are other folks having this issue as well?!?! :confused:

It does take some getting used to, but it does work. Try a little more than a tap, though. Press your finger or stylus to where you're trying to move the cursor, hold it for a second or so.

I bet your first use of the Evo had a similar learning curve, mine drove me crazy for the first few days.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR