Hi Y'All
    Quick question that I couldn't find the answer to already. I hope it's a good one. Here's what I have:

- IPAD 2, Unlocked, AT&T Version
    - Blackberry Bold on Sprint Network with a SIM CARD (yes, that's right, Sprint DOES use SIM Cards on SOME of it's phones)

Because I travel Internationally and buy local SIM cards to use on all my devices, I was wondering what would happen if I CUT my Sprint SIM card down to a Micro Sim card size, and inserted it into my Unlocked IPAD2 - Would I be able to access my Sprint Network's Data Service? (wouldn't that be cool??!!)

Please say yes...
    ps. I am fully aware of the CDMA vs GSM debate - please let's not discuss that.

Thanks in advance.

Lex
    11-16-2011 12:54 AM
    I don't see why it would not work .. I know sprint uses sim for Nextel etc.

One thing I would check it what band is sprint using vs what bands the iPad can operate on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 02:41 AM
    I believe the sprint sim cards only work for international roaming. And a nextel sim card wouldn't work, because its not on GSM it's on IDEN. So I don't believe it would work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 06:44 AM
    Blackberry Bold on Sprint Network with a SIM CARD (yes, that's right, Sprint DOES use SIM Cards on SOME of it's phones)

Because I travel Internationally and buy local SIM cards to use on all my devices, I was wondering what would happen if I CUT my Sprint SIM card down to a Micro Sim card size, and inserted it into my Unlocked IPAD2 - Would I be able to access my Sprint Network's Data Service? (wouldn't that be cool??!!)
    As stated above, the SIM is only for international roaming. you Bold is a hybrid CDMA/GSM device. cutting/swapping the SIM wouldn't do you any good within the US. The SIM isn't used to access Sprint's network.

I don't see why it would not work .. I know sprint uses sim for Nextel etc.
    Also irrelevant. It's not just a matter of whether or not there's a SIM. Don't fixate just on the SIM -- that's oversimplifying the matter. The carrier's network matters. An iDen SIM won't do any good for a GSM carrier.
    Last edited by briareus; 11-16-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    11-16-2011 01:12 PM
    As stated above, the SIM is only for international roaming. you Bold is a hybrid CDMA/GSM device. cutting/swapping the SIM wouldn't do you any good within the US. The SIM isn't used to access Sprint's network.

Also irrelevant. It's not just a matter of whether or not there's a SIM. Don't fixate just on the SIM -- that's oversimplifying the matter. The carrier's network matters. An iDen SIM won't do any good for a GSM carrier.
    Makes since but that's why I said check the band it uses basically as u stated iden or gsm sorry if it's the wrong terms

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD