A new study in the UK suggests that 25% of iPad users only use the device once a week and 1 in 10 of them use it less then that.

You can read the article here..
    Apple's iPad not so shiny once you get it home • The Register

Now this is probably the wrong place to ask as frequent visitors to this forum as Apple fans/experts so use them for work but I would love to know others opinions on this.

Personally I think it isn't right, everyone I know with an iPad uses it everyday!
    11-10-2011 11:27 AM
    Could be.. i use my ipad about twice a month...
    11-10-2011 11:45 AM
    I have use my iPad 2 every day since I got it. Now my computer is the thing that I only use once a week.
    11-10-2011 12:35 PM
    damn, I was thinking about getting one. Maybe I'll re access how much I really need it(if at all)
    11-10-2011 04:45 PM
    User all the time, every day. Using it right now during the bus ride home.
    11-10-2011 06:37 PM
    I use mine all the time!! It's my remote sometimes for directv and it's my "newspaper" in the morning. I use it for other things to but these two I just mentioned are the most frequent
    11-10-2011 07:49 PM
    Now this is probably the wrong place to ask as frequent visitors to this forum as Apple fans/experts so use them for work but I would love to know others opinions on this.

Personally I think it isn't right, everyone I know with an iPad uses it everyday!
    "Everyone you know" is never statistically significant. That's the point of studies like this -- to have a large, broad sample of people. Your usage can certainly differ from the average. That doesn't mean that the average is incorrect. I use my iPad 2 every day. Doesn't mean that everyone else does.

This is the wrong place to ask as you're relying on a skewed sample.
    11-10-2011 09:24 PM
    Use it every day. Surfing, email, FaceTime with daughter. Love it!
    11-10-2011 10:18 PM
    All day everyday.. I am using it now to post this.
    11-10-2011 10:45 PM
    I use it all day, every day during school. In the off months, it's rarely touched.
    11-10-2011 11:54 PM
    I love my iPad 2 I use it everywhere and all the time for everything.
    jeans94621 likes this.
    11-11-2011 12:22 AM
    Daily use for me. Actually have to charge it every other day from 0.
    11-22-2011 11:46 AM
    I am on mine all day long. I bring it with me to work to have something to read on my lunch break. I use it far more often now than my laptop. If I could get my one I would. Ipad3 is very high on my wish list.
    11-22-2011 10:54 PM
    I use my MacBook about 85% less and my iPhone 50% less ... I'm ALWAYS on my iPad ... Like now lol
    11-23-2011 12:35 AM
    Use mine all the time!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-23-2011 11:33 AM
    If I didn't use it for school, my use would drop tremendously. I've been slowly trying to switch over things I do on a computer over to the iPad, but it's just not as versatile for me as a laptop. I need a keyboard, the browser on the iPad is just ok, and using Office on my laptop is vastly superior to using any of the iPad equivalents. They just aren't fleshed out enough, for me, to be viable substitutes.

In no way am I bashing the iPad, mind you. It's an excellent addition to my laptop, and there are a few things it does far better than my computer. I use a lot of mind mapping for my notes, and I have yet to find a better overall mind-mapping program than iThoughtsHD. I use it in connection with Freemind on my computer (all linked in to my Dropbox access across the two devices). I've also been using Flashcardlet extensively for test preparation. There really isn't a more convenient way to make, access, and store the amount of flashcards that I need/use.

Again, though, a majority of my iPad use is school related. In that aspect, it's been fantastic. Remove that, and my use drops to maybe once or twice a week, until I find more uses for it.
    11-23-2011 11:47 AM
    My mom has one and I think I play games and things on it more than her. But I think she's still getting used to having it around. She still jumps on her MBP.
    11-24-2011 06:35 PM
    every single day! Every single hour!
    11-28-2011 06:36 AM
    About one or twice a week. Usually on weekends we'll bring it on trips for daughter to use in car. My daughter used to play with apps a lot but not much since i've set up a PC for her. She prefers the PC.

Usually i grab the iphone or go to my office (in house) to use my own PC which has the advantage of being the only quiet place in house.

Honestly, I'm likely to just sell the ipad. Most likely, it's the sunk cost of all the apps I got for it that's been keeping me from doing it.
    12-01-2011 09:04 AM
    I use mine everyday. It's the first thing I turn on in the morning (it's on my nightstand) and the last thing I use before hitting the sack at night. Those who criticize it because it doesn't do MS Office type stuff are not using it for what it's meant to be. It's not a SUBSTITUTE for a laptop or desktop computer, but rather, an adjunct. It provides access to information on the go, while being extremely portable, almost always connected (even if you only have wi-fi) and weighs next to nothing. My wife liked it so much, she wound up buying one for herself.
    12-02-2011 12:38 PM
    I use mine everyday. It's the first thing I turn on in the morning (it's on my nightstand) and the last thing I use before hitting the sack at night. Those who criticize it because it doesn't do MS Office type stuff are not using it for what it's meant to be. It's not a SUBSTITUTE for a laptop or desktop computer, but rather, an adjunct. It provides access to information on the go, while being extremely portable, almost always connected (even if you only have wi-fi) and weighs next to nothing. My wife liked it so much, she wound up buying one for herself.
    Sounds like you just described an iphone.
    12-02-2011 06:37 PM
    I use my iPad 6 days a week I would say on average.
    12-02-2011 06:44 PM
    I use it when I go to work on 3rd shift for reading, podcasts, games, a movie/tv show I downloaded from iTunes,etc... At home I'll use it instead of the computer for watching Netflix.
    12-02-2011 07:12 PM
    I use it pretty much everyday for note taking in class. When I travel, I use the iPad non-stop. At home, not so much unless I'm in bed getting ready to sleep.
    12-02-2011 10:10 PM
    I am new to Apple, and have just gotten an iPad, iPhone, and iMac - I have to say I use all heavily. I use the iPad to take notes daily and to demonstrate procedures being implemented for a job I recently started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 11:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD