I used my iPad everyday when I got it as a novelty, filled it with apps in like a day!

Nowadays apps are for my iPhone 4s, pc is for work, documents etc and I just tend to use iPad for browsing, such as now...on the train to visit family for the weekend. Only app I really use is newsstand, all my magazines are on here now
    12-03-2011 07:06 AM
    Sounds like you just described an iphone.
    Actually, she also liked my iPhone 4s so much, that she got one of those for herself as well.
    12-03-2011 05:02 PM
    "Everyone you know" is never statistically significant. That's the point of studies like this -- to have a large, broad sample of people. Your usage can certainly differ from the average. That doesn't mean that the average is incorrect. I use my iPad 2 every day. Doesn't mean that everyone else does.

This is the wrong place to ask as you're relying on a skewed sample.
    And who exactly was this large, broad sample of people? The link doesn't say. We have no idea how many people were asked and who exactly was asked. However, I assume it was users of MyVoucherCodes. Frankly, the users of MyVoucherCodes is NOT a large, broad sample of users and is actually bias to only MyVoucherCodes users.

Yes, people who participate in TiPb forums is a skewed sample, but this one probably is too.

Furthermore, what exactly did the survey ask? The wording can make all the difference and it wouldn't surprise me if they were worded it in a bias manner so as to provoke the desired outcome out of those taking the survey.

As far as I'm concerned, this article is worthless.

Oh, and I use my iPad several times a day.
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 12-03-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    12-03-2011 07:53 PM
    I think it fits very well between a smartphone and a laptop. Laptop screen size (almost) and smartphone battery endurance, fast startup etc. Excellent for travelling, on the plane etc, my laptop is left home more and more now. Poor thing.
    12-04-2011 05:24 AM
    The article asked 3000 'the register' and partner site users who indicated when signing up they had an iPad.

The survey was 6 questions with the main one simply asking "How many times a week do you use your iPad" allowing free text to be input.

If it was clearly bias I wouldn't have bought it up! Give me a little credit

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-04-2011 05:31 AM
    The article asked 3000 'the register' and partner site users who indicated when signing up they had an iPad.

The survey was 6 questions with the main one simply asking "How many times a week do you use your iPad" allowing free text to be input.

If it was clearly bias I wouldn't have bought it up! Give me a little credit

@dp_scott

Where are you reading this?
    12-04-2011 01:23 PM
    The few people that I know who own them use them daily.
    12-05-2011 12:39 PM
    The few people that I know who own them use them daily.
    I'd say the ones i know who use them most are the ones without iphones and new to the iOS world. This is understandable.
    12-05-2011 02:54 PM
    The longer I have it, the more I use it! Now my (Windows) laptop is being such a PITA to start up in the morning, when I just want to glance at WOOT and a couple forums for 30 minutes, it's way less aggravating to just turn the iPad on and it's ready, instantly. I _always_ use the iPad and iPhone together in the evening, and frequently use all three of them with the laptop on weekends. It either replaces the laptop or complements it. Not to mention I see no need to ever bring the laptop with me wile traveling, now.
    12-05-2011 03:03 PM
    Dam I use mine once an hr. if not more
    12-05-2011 11:57 PM
    I know everyone is different but I can't imagine going a day without using my iPad. I damn near use it every hour. There are just so many things that I use it for from managing my calendar, surfing the web, checking the weather, listening to podcasts, watching TV shows...you name it. My husband calls it my control center.
    12-06-2011 12:40 AM
    I use mine everyday and being that i have all apple products in my home its always up to date with music, movies, apps etc. You can't beat the portability...At this point I am not sure how I would operate without it.
    12-06-2011 07:46 PM
    Where are you reading this?
    On the internal email I got b4 the article went out!

@dp_scott

12-07-2011 05:47 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD