Hello,

I currently have an iPhone 4S but I am really interested in an iPad 2 (Wifi + 3G)

I can get the iPad 3 when it comes out, but I don't mind getting the iPad 2 for now. I obviously use my iPhone for texting and calling(I barely call), music and apps.

I want to obviously keep my number and text from it but I don't think you can text from the iPad 2 unless it is iMessage or a texting app.

I don't know what I should do..

Please help.
    10-25-2011 08:26 PM
    Well sir if you have the money go for it xD, I was going to tel to hold off for the iPad 3 but you said you can get it when it comes out so... GO FOR IT (don't think I am yelling to be mean, it's actually joy).
    10-25-2011 09:34 PM
    Well sir if you have the money go for it xD, I was going to tel to hold off for the iPad 3 but you said you can get it when it comes out so... GO FOR IT (don't think I am yelling to be mean, it's actually joy).
    I just want the bigger screen and ya...

I just don't really want the 4S. I want an iPad :P

And when Siri comes to iPad 2 that will be good, but it still might be pretty useless lol!

I'm still debating though
    10-25-2011 09:52 PM
    Well, you can text from the iPad 2, and it's free to anyone that has an IOS 5 device.
    Since you can get the iPad 3 when it comes out, and don't mind getting the iPad 2 for now, that's to say you can afford to it, then go for an iPad 2.
    Personally, If were I, I would like to wait some times for the iPad 3, and now enjoy the iPhone 4S(you have got it!)
    10-25-2011 10:00 PM
    Well, you can text from the iPad 2, and it's free to anyone that has an IOS 5 device.
    Since you can get the iPad 3 when it comes out, and don't mind getting the iPad 2 for now, that's to say you can afford to it, then go for an iPad 2.
    Personally, If were I, I would like to wait some times for the iPad 3, and now enjoy the iPhone 4S(you have got it!)
    Free texting to iOS 5 (iMessage) but if I am texting a non iOS 5 phone, I would have to use a texting app (textplus, etc) correct?

and for calling; Skype, Google Voice, etc. Correct?
    10-25-2011 10:14 PM
    I'd go for it. In fact, I did.

Sent from my 3G iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 07:31 PM
    I'd go for it. In fact, I did.

Sent from my 3G iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    So you prefer your iPad over an iphone?
    10-26-2011 07:46 PM
    Free texting to iOS 5 (iMessage) but if I am texting a non iOS 5 phone, I would have to use a texting app (textplus, etc) correct?

and for calling; Skype, Google Voice, etc. Correct?
    non iOS 5 Phone, yes, you need a texting app
    For calling, you could use Skype,,, your right
    10-26-2011 09:27 PM
    "Should" is up to you to determine based on your needs/wants/budget/etc. Why do you mention texting and calling? Is your plan to ditch the 4S for the iPad 2? Would you not have a phone at all?
    10-26-2011 10:02 PM
    I'd say get it if you have the cash. I use mine for Hulu and reading books, so I like the bigger screen. Love it!
    10-27-2011 10:39 PM
    Hello,

I currently have an iPhone 4S but I am really interested in an iPad 2 (Wifi + 3G)

I can get the iPad 3 when it comes out, but I don't mind getting the iPad 2 for now. I obviously use my iPhone for texting and calling(I barely call), music and apps.

I want to obviously keep my number and text from it but I don't think you can text from the iPad 2 unless it is iMessage or a texting app.

I don't know what I should do..

Please help.
    While it's not free ($99 a year - after 1 week free trial) the app "Line2 HD" has been great to me. It's very convenient to not leave the comfort of the iPad to be able to respond to text or even live phone calls. It works over WiFi or 3G and has a great interface. With the new IOS 5 notification capabilities it is perfect.
    10-30-2011 10:31 PM
    So you prefer your iPad over an iphone?
    Don't prefer one over the other. My main uses for each aren't used on the other.

iPhone 4S is for on the go + SMSing & calling.

iPad is for watching videos, surfing the web and using apps that either require the bigger screen of the iPad, have time to sit and use them or apps that look better.

I use some the iPad and iPhone interchangeably for apps. I will actually start using photo stream more. So when I take a pic on my iPhone, I can view it immediately on my iPad.
    10-31-2011 01:34 AM
    While it's not free ($99 a year - after 1 week free trial) the app "Line2 HD" has been great to me. It's very convenient to not leave the comfort of the iPad to be able to respond to text or even live phone calls. It works over WiFi or 3G and has a great interface. With the new IOS 5 notification capabilities it is perfect.
    Please explain ? You can text and call non IOS phones ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 01:41 AM
    Please explain ? You can text and call non IOS phones ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Yes, by using the app he mentioned... "Line 2 HD".

I haven't used it or needed it, but I believe he was stating that he is able to make/receive calls and text messages as it gives you a number like you would normally get on your cellphone. It works over data.

Line2 - A new phone line with calling, texting, and business features. for iPhone, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    10-31-2011 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD