I purchased the ipad2 with wifi 3g and separately bought a one month 2gb data plan from verizon to "try it out" . It worked fine when I walked out the door after BestBuy set it all up but then....I could not access any cellular data on my settings. It said it was activated and to call the verizon number.

The ipad works just fine in my home wifi and whenever I am near a wifi network in public.

But, I paid alot extra for the 3g capability to have internet when I can't get it elsewhere.

To top it all off....I get a bill from Verizon for over 72.00 which includes an activation fee of 35.00 that I was told there is NO ACTIVATION FEE! Nor was I charged that fee when I first bought the one month of 2gb service (I only used 1gb of the service anyway so it is not an over usage charge)

Verizon is also treating this ipad like it is a cell phone with all the junk fees associated with the monthly billing. UGH!

Any help to correct this problem so I can use the "option" of paying for a month when I need it????

Thank you so much in advance. This was a way too expensive investment for me to get screwed over by verizon....again:o
    10-14-2011 07:24 PM
    This might not be entirely related to your parcticular situation but here is what I did. Having an ATT 2gb monthly for $25 I purchased an ipad 2 wifi. rooted my android phone installed a wifi sharing app and occasionally using to tether with my ipad 2. I never go over my 2 gbs. the most is from 600mb - 1gb and to pay for additional data plan with ipad or for tether plan I think is a rip off. Most of the time i'm on wifi with my smartphone and ipad so 2gb monthly should be sufficient for both devices. what carriers do here in US with data plans and policies is an outrage and it just asks to be violated with any possible means.
    mommarita likes this.
    10-16-2011 01:14 PM
    Have you talked to Verizon about this at all?
    10-16-2011 10:48 PM
    Yeah you need to contact Verizon and get that settled. There shouldn't have been an application fee.

AT&T doesn't even give me a bill, it just charges my credit card and I have data for 30 days. No problems.
    10-17-2011 01:23 AM
    Resolved verizon billing problem after a few hours (over the course of a few days). They erroneously set me up with a monthly plan and canceled my credit card paid monthnto month that i originally ordered.

However now i cannot set up a new prepaid ...one month data plan because it says i already have an active account which i dont.

I tried reportioning it and chickened out at trying to reset the ipad completely because of all the info i have on it.
    Any suggestions in erasing the previous. Not working data plan from the ipad settings!?? Thank you. You are so much more helpful than the verizon reps who just dont know the intricacies of working around problems.
    06-11-2012 12:00 AM
    I really think you need Verizon's help to resolve this. There ARE good reps there, if you don't find a good one, politely ask to speak with another rep or a supervisor. The key is to be polite but firm.
    mommarita likes this.
    06-11-2012 10:00 AM
    ...BestBuy set it all up but then....
    There's your problem... BestBuy set it all up - WRONG.
    06-11-2012 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD