Ok, Facebook for iPad was just released yesterday and since the. I have been on it nonstop. I've been dying for this app since I bought my iPad 2 back in June. I've figured out how todo most things on it and it's all around a great app. It beats all the other Facebook apps, but does anyone know or figured out how to create an event in it? I haven't been able to find that.

Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    Free time apple enthusiast
    10-11-2011 01:22 PM
    I feel the exact same way! It is such an amazing app, and it greatly enriches the Facebook experience.

As for your question, I hadn't tried to create an event until you mentioned it. I have not found anywhere to actually create an event either.. Neither on the events section, nor from a group or page I'm an admin of. I think we've discovered a shortfall of the app...

I'm excited to see how timeline will be integrated on it, it will look amazing.
    10-11-2011 01:41 PM
    I feel the exact same way! It is such an amazing app, and it greatly enriches the Facebook experience.

As for your question, I hadn't tried to create an event until you mentioned it. I have not found anywhere to actually create an event either.. Neither on the events section, nor from a group or page I'm an admin of. I think we've discovered a shortfall of the app...

I'm excited to see how timeline will be integrated on it, it will look amazing.
    It really is a great app but yes exactly! I have no idea how, I think they might have forgotten that feature in it. Which is definitely a big letdown. But still great just hoping they will release the update for this soon

Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    10-11-2011 02:25 PM
    I wish it supported Timeline and Ticker...But it looks great, really, really improved!!
    10-11-2011 02:27 PM
    I downloaded it yesterday. I really like it,works well on both the iPhone and iPad. It is responsive, easy to use, and best of all hasn't crashed yet! (I use it all the time on my iPhone and previous editions had a lot of crashes)
    10-11-2011 06:59 PM
    Awesome! Congrats to iPad owners! This has been a long time coming.
    10-11-2011 07:29 PM
    It is a nice app... although I'm barely on FB, I did spend some time on the app yesterday and enjoyed it a lot.
    10-11-2011 07:31 PM
    Timeline will be coming to it soon, there just still beta testing that. But it'll get there. Hopefully not taking as long though as the app took to get here haha

Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    10-11-2011 07:33 PM
    very nice news
    10-12-2011 05:01 AM
    Anyone else noticed the writing looks a little blured. As if it's been stretched to fit. I do have full force and retina pad but they arnt active on Facebook now. (ipad1)
    10-12-2011 06:09 AM
    I'm having some crash issues with the new Facebook app. In fact, every time I open it, it crashes.
    10-12-2011 07:47 AM
    I'm having some crash issues with the new Facebook app. In fact, every time I open it, it crashes.
    Did you download today's update? They released a patch already.
    10-12-2011 07:53 AM
    The only thing I'm still hoping for is the ability to delete a post. I manage multiple Facebook pages, and have to eliminate posts at times. I still have to go to the browser for that.
    10-12-2011 11:42 AM
    Yeah, its missing a couple things to really make it as useful as the actual site. Which is disappointing considering how long they've been working on this.

tapatalk on iPad 2
    Apple lover
    Best buy employee
    10-12-2011 11:46 AM
    You can delete a post.. swipe it. Same as the iPhone app.
    10-12-2011 07:16 PM
    You can delete a post.. swipe it. Same as the iPhone app.
    AhHA! I hadn't noticed that. Thank you!
    10-13-2011 09:38 AM
    For as long of a wait as it was I kinda came away disappointed after using it.
    SteveW928 likes this.
    10-14-2011 04:38 PM
    I like it. It's quick clean and caters for most of the key Facebook functionality.

I'll be interested to see how it develops with time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-16-2011 04:01 PM
    I actually still prefer the fb webpage because you can do more, especially now that its becoming html5 compatible. I do like that the fb app gives me notifications, but i wih i could change the settings to have the notifications take me to fb in safari.
    SteveW928 likes this.
    10-17-2011 11:39 AM
    Same here. FB for the iPad is simply amazing. It should have been out months ago.
    10-17-2011 12:28 PM
    I tried it enthuastically, and there are a lot of good things about it. However, it is still too broken to use IMO. I'm back to using it in the browser (iCabMobile on my iPad). The thing that bothered me most is that when I replied to a post on someone's wall or in one of my groups, I'd get the notification when responses were received, but when I click on those notifications, it doesn't take me to the the actual post, just to the general group it is in, or to the person's wall, etc. That makes it unusable (though, even via the browser, that is sometimes hit and miss, but at least works the majority of the time).

The second thing that really annoyed me (useable, though) is their interface for reading and leaving comments. When you click to read or leave a comment, it brings in the narrow vertical bar on the right side. You not only have to read within that (which sucks), but you have to leave your comments in there as well, which are partly covered by the keyboard. It really is a horrible UI move. I know they were trying to keep their side bars similar to other aspects of their interface, but that just isn't a good way of doing it for something like the reading and comment area.
    10-20-2011 07:00 PM
    Anyone having issues posting status updates?
    10-20-2011 08:16 PM
    Anyone having issues posting status updates?
    Yes! I thought I was missing something too but it looks like they got rid of the "submit" button! idiots
    10-22-2011 11:21 AM
    I actually still prefer the fb webpage because you can do more, especially now that its becoming html5 compatible. I do like that the fb app gives me notifications, but i wih i could change the settings to have the notifications take me to fb in safari.
    You kind of can... have them emailed. when you click the link in the email, it brings you to FB on safari.
    10-22-2011 01:40 PM
    I love the app! Much better than the web page. If they would just add every option that's available on the site then it would be perfect!
    10-24-2011 12:29 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD