I think it was clear that Siri was going to be exclusively on the iPhone 4S and not on the iPhone 4, but since the iPhone 4S is pretty much the same specs as the iPad 2, is the iPad 2 going to get Siri integration like the iPhone 4S?
    10-04-2011 03:51 PM
    The Apple website said that the beta version is only available for iPhone4S, that might indicate that only the beta version will be working on the 4S. Maybe when Siri is not beta anymore it will be available for other devices. I am very much certain that they will integrate Siri in future devices like the iPad 3 as well. And because the voice recognition was put to the cloud I hardly beleve one needs a 4S or iPad3 to compute Siri. With other words I really believe a port for the iPhone 4 will be possible via jailbreak or it might come with a future iOS update.
    10-05-2011 04:01 AM
    You commit an error. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.
    10-05-2011 04:48 AM
    I'm pretty sure it can handle it but this probably a strategy to get more people buying the 4S.
    10-06-2011 02:52 PM
    It's going to bug me now that I can't recall nor find the news item, but someone from the jailbreaking community attempted to run Siri (not necessarily port it - I admit to not understanding the distinction) on the older phones. They confirmed that it didn't work. Now, I don't know if that indicates that the hardware can't take it or that the software is written such that it won't interact properly, but it's one strong suggestion that you do in fact need the 4s to use Siri.

All that being said, I'd love to see it come to the (perfectly capable) iPad 2. Even for someone like me who has a wi-fi only model, it would be quite useful.

Ah, found the "porting" mention on 9to5mac...and I have fewer than 10 posts, so I can't post the link yet. I'm not going to spam up the threads just to get to the post count (I suppose that could be helpful in the contest, but it's just annoying). If you search 9to5mac for the headline "Let's talk Siri" and scroll down to the update by Gojohnnyboi, one of the jailbreakers who tested it out.
    10-06-2011 03:32 PM
    SIRI, needs 1gb of ram to operate correctly. Only iPhone 4S has the specs as of now. iPad 3 will be capable.. I hope.
    10-06-2011 07:00 PM
    Siri is still in beta, so maybe it will come out later on the iPad. Also I can see this coming to Macs in the future. Could be the start of something big!
    10-06-2011 07:31 PM
    Siri is still in beta, so maybe it will come out later on the iPad. Also I can see this coming to Macs in the future. Could be the start of something big!
    This is true. That would be pretty awesome
    10-06-2011 07:41 PM
    SIRI, needs 1gb of ram to operate correctly. Only iPhone 4S has the specs as of now. iPad 3 will be capable.. I hope.
    I thought the iPhone 4S only had 512.

iPhone 4S only has 512MB RAM, more than enough Phone Reviews
    10-07-2011 05:41 PM
    Siri on an ipad 2. would be genius! for people who need help with just about anything and putting on a tablet! excuse me the #1 tablet is a win win. but with the data connection only 3g users have it
    10-08-2011 06:52 PM
    This would be awesome, I have an iPad 2 and Macbook. Would love to see it on both! Just think of the endless possibilities, this is one of the reasons I am leaving android for my phone.
    10-09-2011 01:21 PM
    would be AWESOME if it's available for our ipads
    10-11-2011 12:00 AM
    Siri on iPad two would be great, I would use it alot seeing as I have it as my main Device (I don't have a laptop or macbook). I'm not holding my breath on it though. I can see them keeping it to the iPhone 4S.
    10-11-2011 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD