iPad 2 awesome device, but should I wait?

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
You know ipad 2 is amazing, if you really thing that you need it, go and buy it, becouse it is perfect tablet, if you can waiting for next march you will be able to buy ipad 3, but ipad 2 is awsomee

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The iPad 3 is at least 6 months away. I would get the iPad 2. That is what I am posting this with now and I love mine. If you do decide to get it now you can always sell it when the iPad 3 comes out. The nice thing about Apple products is that they hold their value.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPad 2. I take it with me everywhere and it has become in essense my defacto computer/laptop. As Irish Rose stated you can always sell it whenever the next version comes out which is probably what I will do.

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
As other posters have said, Apple products hold value well, so I'd say go ahead and buy it. The jump from iPad 1 to iPad 2 was a lot bigger (I'm guessing) than from 2 to 3 will be...so you might not even care to go through the hassle.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If you wait for the ipad3 soon after prchase, the rumors will surface about details of the ipad4. What I am getting at is there is always a newer device on the horizon. And if you keep waiting for the latest and greatest you'll never buy one.

Several weeks ago I bought the iPad 2 and I am extremely happy I did. It will be years before the ip2 becomes dated. I say make the leap now and I am sure you will be glad that you did.

God luck with your decision, either way.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was going to wait as well but decided to go ahead and get the iPad 2. Best decision I could ever have made and def. worth the money.

GO FOR IT!

cinco312

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. No point in waiting. I'm sure the jump from the iPad 2 and 3 won't be that much of an upgrade. So get it now!

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
What is your reason for asking?
If it is just because you're hoping to get an iPad 3, then as the others said... probably next spring. If you don't mind waiting that long fine... otherwise jump in now.

IMO, an upgrade is an upgrade. The iPad 3 will be better... but will it likely be something you need? My guess would be better cameras and higher rez screen (maybe), along with a boost of processor and memory.

Better cameras would be nice, but unnecessary depending on what you intend to do with it. The cameras in the iPad 2 are fine for video conferencing, maybe taking some video and editing... not much else.

Higher rez screen... maybe my eyesight is just lousy or something, but I don't really get this one. It seems to be a popular thing wanted though. I can see the advantage of a higher dpi on a small device like an iPhone if you have good eyes, but I don't see the need on an iPad where you have screen space and generally hold it further away. We've had a similar dpi on our home computer and laptop displays for years now, and that dpi seems fine to me.

Processor and memory boost... the iPad 2 seems pretty snappy to me with anything I've done with it (and, I'm trying to replace my laptop with it... so I'm doing more things than a hobby user). More performance (so long as there isn't a battery life trade-off) is always welcome though... but needed? More RAM would be great, but again, the iPad 2 seems to have enough to have gotten over the hump where it was really slowing things down.

I'm guessing that I won't be upgrading to the iPad 3 unless there is some big surprise feature that I need/want. As others said, I don't think it will be like the iPad1 -> iPad 2, where it really made an incredible usability difference. The one thing that *might* get me would be a rear camera upgrade with enough rez and light gathering ability to be able to use for scanning pages at a library for research (something I have a specific use for and is currently lacking in the iPad 2).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2