Lost iTunes after reinstall

Silvetti

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey.

So i basically lost all my files on itunes (apps, music, etc...).
The big problem here is that i have some apps that are no longer available on the App Store like the VLC Media Player.

Is there any way i can restore the .ipa from the iPad2 back to the "new" iTunes ?

Thanks!

PS - Have no jailbreak on the iPad2

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Silvetti, you are in luck! .. First go to app store on your iPad and then select purchased, "Not on this iPad" .. All the apps you have purchased are there for you to redownload, this includes apps that are no longer for sale in the app store.

Last edited:

Silvetti

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried that and the only thing that appears is VLC Streamer Free which i also downloaded, but no VLC Media Player :/ I even tried the same thing on the iTunes with my Account, when to Purchased etc.. same result.. :(

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
That stinks ... I have VLC Media Player installed so I can't confirm it missing, that stinks ... There are other ways to acquire older software without being jailbroken, google IPA God.

Silvetti

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I also have Buzz Player for iPad so i think i will "let it go"... but i understand they took it out but not being able to get it from the App Cloud when you "bought" it is kinda bad.

Silvetti

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Btw for future reference if anyone has the same problem, i tried to Add to Library a .ipa that jsntrenkler sent me (for the VLC...ipa), it get's added to the library but when i try to double click on it it requests jsntrenkler's user/pass for Apple Store which i don't have and don't want :D

So that solution also doesn't work.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked in your Trash/Recycle Bin? If you had an older version that was updated (though I can't recall if VLC was around long enough to get an update) you might find it there.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked in your Trash/Recycle Bin? If you had an older version that was updated (though I can't recall if VLC was around long enough to get an update) you might find it there.

Good point. About 6 months ago I started saving all old .ipa files when I did an app update. Just go to the trash folder, select all of the .ipa files and copy them off to a folder. I now have > 12 GB of old .ipa files archived, just in case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner