iPad 2 no longer backsup to itunes

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 that no longer backs up to iTunes. Now, it won't even sync. That was on a Windows 7 computer. I then tried to sync it to my new MacBook Air. Same thing. It won't sync or backup. Occasionally, iTunes will throw up an error box with no code in just saying it failed to backup. I then tried to restore it to a new state and reload my data. It also failed to do that as well. I have 4.3.5 installed in it and the latest iTunes software. I am starting to loose my confidence in apple's claim to stability and not crashing. Many of my common apps crash on a regular basis, ie bt mania, Foreflight, PDF expert.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

I am starting to experiment with Android to see if I can tolerate that O.S.

Thank you,

John

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I've had this trouble in the recent past as well. If you got a specific code, search for it on apple.com. There are a few different fixes for this trouble depending on the cause. I've had this happen once, where it wouldn't sync, and I had to cycle power on the iPad2 then it worked fine. If you have a lot of pictures or have downloaded lots of apps since your last sync, it can take a long time, causing the sync to time out. Also there is a chance that your last back up file was corrupted (Happened once on my phone) and cant be overwritten. There is usually pretty good walkthrough's on apples support sight, or even just google the symptoms.

Hope that gives you some ideas/help.

Kevin

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal